Pls help - I’m spinning out!

Thanks everyone - I am feeling much better. She’ll do her thing, they’ll do their thing, and it will all work out in the end.

18 Likes

Two kids that I know of were accepted to Vassar RD last year. They were both male so that might mean a bump at Vassar. But they were very similarly strong students from the same school with the same test scores, similar ECs and both got in.

I think your student is in a different pool of applicants than the athlete, too.

3 Likes

My son is applying ED to Vassar as well and already has had a classmate accepted to play baseball, so I had similar worries! My son is a double legacy so he does have that going for him (not that legacy counts for much these days) but I totally get the concern because I had it too. I’ve just decided it’s out of our control and to be zen about it. Vassar has only taken two kids from our high school in the last 10 years (35 have applied) so seems doubtful they’d suddenly take two the same year, but I agree that it’s less about a quota and more about the right fit! And I think my son is a good fit so I’m staying positive. Wishing your daughter good luck! Perhaps our kids will both be there next year! :crossed_fingers:t2:

11 Likes

Hi all – just to add to what everyone else was saying –

I’m a student at Vassar right now, and know plenty of people who went to the same high schools as each other. Some were the fancy private feeder-type schools, and others are not.

Multiple people from the same schools in NYC, for example, some kind of random public schools (as my friends recount). It might even be helpful, as it seems to me like they trust certain schools sometimes. So if they’re taking a student from the same high school who isn’t top 10%, I would imagine it shows trust in the high school from our admissions, which might even help.

I’ve also never heard Vassar brag about the number of high schools people went to. Doesn’t seem like a stat they flex about.

Though of course there are so many places I’m sure she would be happy!

2 Likes

If there are any questions I can answer or help with in the final push please let me know!

Would be cool if they were both there!