Political Science Major Requirements

<p>I was thinking of changing my declared major from Legal Studies to Political Science mostly because all of the classes I am interested in taking in Legal Studies are actually in the Political Science Department (Con Law I & II, Judicial Process, Criminal Law, First Amendment, etc.). Anyway, after reading the requirements for the major, I saw that I would have to take at least one class in American Government, International Relations, Political Theory, and Comparative Politics. I was wondering if there is a statistics and/or research methods requirement for the Political Science major like there is for Legal Studies? I was hoping to just take a general electives class to fulfill Quan Reasoning B as opposed to taking statistics. </p>

<p>Also, I was little unclear if after I take at least one class in each of the four required topics if I could specialize in the subtopic Courts and Judicial Administration and therefore just take classes that interest me. </p>

<p>Appreciate it.</p>

<p>Read the UW online L&S catalog for the major requirements.</p>

<p>I read it. Still a bit confused.</p>

<p>No one here is going to be able to give you a straight answer, sorry, we’re not advisors. I think that Philosophy course you made that one thread about is the only “non-math” course you can really take for QR-B. I would not stress about the requirements at all - or at least don’t stress so much that you need complete 100% clarification of all possible requirements ever at this stage. Let things happen, advisors will tell you. We cannot.</p>

<p>Here, you should have googled this: [UW-Madison:</a> Political Science Department](<a href=“http://polisci.wisc.edu/default.aspx]UW-Madison:”>Department of Political Science – College of Letters and Science – UW–Madison)
I don’t know what’s on it, look for yourself, figure things out. You may not come up with a complete answer but that is what advisors are for. You also have three years to figure everything out. Just know that we on CC do not have absolute knowledge of all major requirements ever and at this present moment, you don’t have to know either.</p>

<p>When you look under pre reqs for classes, what does cons. inst. stand for? </p>

<p>Appreciate it</p>

<p>consent of instructor</p>