Power of positive thinking VT22

My son feels Tech is the perfect place for him. We both know he’s basically a coin flip in terms of admission based on raw numbers. His essays were strong and heartfelt. He’s a really good person. He honestly already encorporated the Ut Prosim principle into his life, he just didn’t know it was the Tech motto. I know he’s stressed and he’s essentially indicated that he feels like he won’t get in. It’s tough to watch. The wait will be a long one.

That being said, I’m going the complete opposite route and staying ridiculously optimistic. I recently ordered a ton of Tech gear(hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts) to put away until the admission decision comes in. Yesterday I booked our hotel room for move-in day in August. I’m all in. I refuse to believe that karma won’t guide the process to his benefit.

To everyone waiting I say STAY HOPEFUL. For those already admitted, congrats!

Best of luck to your son. Honestly, keep up those senior grades, and I hope he’s taking some rigorous courses too.

Any update? I’d love to hear your positive attitude resulted in an acceptance for your son.