Pre requirments and nursing programs?

<p>Well, im a senior in high school wanting to pursue a career in nursing (BSN)
I applied to Hunter and will see if I can get into it first.
Since the nursing program at hunter if very competitive, what happens if i do not get in?
Can i just apply to another college and transfer my pre reqs credits to their nursing program?</p>

<p>help is appreciated</p>

<p>Best to check with admissions office on prereqs. Different places have different policies. All nursing programs are very competitive now, even community colleges.
I know locally many people start at community college for their associates in nursing and transfer for their bachelors. Although I find this silly, as advancement in education in this field does not equal a much higher pay increase. Unless you are interested in a certain sub-field or certain hospitals to work at.</p>

<p>However, do realize if you want your nursing credits to also serve pre-med you’d have to take your prereqs at a 4 year for most(if not all?) medical schools.</p>

<p>thanks
well being BSN has its benefits. you could apply for management positions or go for masters and go into deph of the nursing field such as nursing practitioner or CRNA.</p>

<p>Nursing doesn’t cut it for pre-med requirements. And also, as you stated, a BSN does actually lead to higher pay and advancement. There are many ADN nurses who have to go back to school because their employer will replace them if they don’t. With programs like Hunter, most of the time all your credits will transfer because the curriculum is so similar everywhere, and most people apply to multiple schools.</p>