Presidential Scholarship Interview

I have an upcoming interview for the Presidential Scholarship. I was wondering what the interview is like. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Congratulations on making it to the interview stage! Hopefully your interview hasn’t happened yet. Our daughter was awarded a Presidential Scholarship. The interview process for her was with two members of the Honors College. They asked her to elaborate about the content of her essays, her future ambitions, and just a bit more about herself. The most important thing about the interview - relax and BE YOURSELF, don’t try to be someone that you aren’t. When she did hers before COVID, those that were interviewed met in a small group with a department head or department member of the candidate’s intended major who gave an overview of the program, a mini tour of facilities, department, and Q&A session. I don’t know if in a COVID era UB Presidential interview process if they do this anymore or not. If they still do, listen and ask some questions. Be interactive. I can’t say for certain, but I am pretty sure that this is part of the interview process as well.

Remember, even if you don’t end up getting this scholarship, UB more than likely extended one or more additional significant scholarship opportunities for you.

Wishing you the best!

Have you gotten final notification either way on this? My son still hasn’t heard.

We haven’t heard a peep. Are they supposed to hear either way?

Please refer to this reddit thread: Reddit - Dive into anything. Apparently the decisions were mailed out yesterday, so it will likely be a few days before it arrives.

1 Like

Nothing yet, I wonder if they are notifying all interviewees, either way.

Best of Luck