Psychology 202

<p>I should have asked this earlier but I've been informed that this class is considered challenging partially because of the bell-curve but also because of the tests, I was wondering what is it about the tests that make them so difficult.</p>

<p>I have Coffey for a Professor if that help any.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I took 202 with Coffey last year.</p>

<p>The tests are just worded in a really difficult way. They are not really hard…the concepts are not that challenging nor do they cover a huge amount of material, but I remember I would spend so long on tests because there were so many questions where it seemed like there were multiple right answers. A lot of her questions are right by only a technicality or something like that. Ordinarily I’m a great test taker, but those were extremely hard. I wound up getting a BC when I should have gotten a B due to the curve as well.</p>

<p>For background, I took AP Psych in high school and got a 5 on the test (I know now that it exempted me from 202 but I did not at the time, unfortunately) so I thought 202 could not possibly be that hard. And it wasn’t, I remembered and understood all the concepts - it was just those awfully-worded tests.</p>

<p>Sorry for the rant, lol…I’m a little bitter about it. Good luck! Coffey is probably the best prof to have for 202, she is very nice and she’s in forensic psychology which is interesting (to me at least).</p>

<p>Thanks for the help, I’m super nervous with the first test being next week!</p>

<p>Be sure to register/sign up/complete the online survey in order to be considered for extra credit psych experiment participation. The extra credit is applied after the semester curve, and can raise your semester grade up to 1/2 a letter grade. (for example, from a BC to a B). The experiments get full later in the semester as students freak out after scoring low on exams so it is best to get the max extra credit points out of the way ASAP.</p>

<p>Is there a better way to study then what I’m doing now?</p>

<p>Currently I’m reading the chapters, highlighting the chapters, taking notes on what I highlighted, taking notes from the power points we get in class.</p>

<p>Pay attention to what is said in lectures. Note any differences in what is said compared to your reading.</p>