Purdue tuition frozen for 11th consecutive year. Housing for 10th

Tuition will remain at 2012-13 levels through at least 2022-2023.

Housing costs were also frozen for 10th straight year.

4 Likes

It continues to be a great financial bargain! Along with the excellent academics.

But, given the high (and increasing) numbers of applications and admits, I wonder whether Purdue is becoming (or has become) a victim of its own success. My impression is that the increasing number of admits is putting a lot of stress on campus infrastructure and the ability of the faculty to keep producing high quality academics; and I wonder whether it can be sustained, and how interested the Purdue administration is in keeping the number of admits high.

I read that they are going to be switching the housing model to prioritize freshman and are partnering with apartment complexes for upperclassmen. They continue to build like crazy and add industry partners. Endowment is growing. Salaries were increased, again.

The Ivies and the like have been able to sustain high quality academics for well over a hundred years, I think Purdue can do it too.

Boiler Up!

3 Likes

They have signed contracts with local apartments for additional housing, but much of this probably is taken out the off-campus pool already used by students.

Hopefully they adjust yield projections to account for the dramatic increase last year. Success does indeed bring additional challenges to manage. But it’s a better problem to have than those of some schools.

4 Likes