Purdue?

Hi I am a sophomore in high school and would like to go to Purdue and do aviation and possibly swim. My GPA is. 3.78 weighted and I am taking one AP class and one pre AP class and have a’s and b’s.My class rank is about 214 out of 587. For swim I am swimming a 24 second 50 free and a 55 second 100 free and a 1:00 100 breast. Is it possible for me to go to Purdue and is it possible to swim for Purdue?

Only the coach will be able to tell you this. Start by filling out the swim team’s online recruiting form. As a soph, the coaches can’t email you back but you will be in their database. Collegeswimming.com is another good resource.

One thing that can be difficult to sort thru----participating in D1 athletics can limit one’s potential majors…some colleges even limit the schools that an athlete can be admitted to…for example engineering might be off the table.

I don’t know if it’s possible to swim and be an aviation major at Purdue or anywhere else, but that is something to research and ultimately speak with the coach about. Also, look at the majors of the current team members as part of your research.

Good luck.

During your sophomore and junior year you should start adding some serious muscle and see time drops. Keep at it.

According to Collegeswimming Purdue has freestyle swimmers are below 21 for the 50 free and 45 for the 100. Their fastest swimmers are below 20 and 44. https://www.collegeswimming.com/team/27/times/?page=1&gender=M&event=1100&course=Y&season=22

Talk to your coach and see what you need to work on.

Keep working hard at your classes and do well with your SAT/ACT. You are still early in the process and anything is still possible. There was good advice about reaching out to coaches in your other thread.