Question about applying for extra time on MCAT for long-term diagnosis of ADHD

I am a medical professional and believe that ADHD is over diagnosed etc. But having 4 children, it has always clear to me that though bright, one of my kids is significantly different from the others. He was lucky enough to get testing and accommodations for ADHD since early HS. He has always applied for and received extra time for standardized tests (SAT), as well as exams in HS and college. Any suggestions for applying for MCAT extra time? Do they turn down most people? I have heard it is harder than for SAT, but less rigorous than USMLE. (He is a good test taker with extra time - SAT 2370 on first attempt)

[How to Apply for MCAT Accommodations](https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/application-requirements/)

[Required Documentation for LD, ADHD and/or Psychiatric Disabilities](https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/52/ea/52ea902d-ab45-4d4c-ae1c-e7ad7b388e2e/evaluation_requirements_ld_adhd_psychiatric.pdf)

Your child needs to have current neuropsych eval & testing done within 6 months of the date of application for accommodations and have proof that he is currently receiving accommodations from his college. The applicant is usually be asked to provide documentation of previous testing and accommodations going back to the initial diagnosis. (I’ve heard of students needing documention from their elementary schools…)

The review process is slow. It can take 60 days or more before any decision is made.

Significantly fewer people receive accommodations for the MCAT than for the SAT/ACT because the threshold for proving the disability is functionally limiting is higher than it is for high school & college students. Students who do qualify for extended time typically do not get the same amount of extended time as they did for the SAT. (EX. instead of 1.5x time, they’ll get 1.25x time.)

I am not knowledgeable enough to answer this but in the same line of thoughts, if he needs extra time for MCAT, then what about the ensuing tests for med students? What about:

1. USMLE and/or COLMEX
  2. Various tests for med students, such as weekly quiz, midterms and finals, shelf test and path lab.
  3. Some tasks needed in rotations, such as all kinds of surgery, pathology, psychiatry(D has to be in the same room as a violent psychiatric patient). Even in Primary Care, you need to make quick turnarounds, otherwise the patient is not going to be happy.
  4. Obviously whats happening in rotation will be much more intensified in real practice, especially in the first year residency. This is especially true for those specialties that work in small areas, ENT or Orto for example.
  5. Each Doctor needs to take continuing education with his specialty, does he have to ask for more time in those tests?