Question about Bama

Have a visit planned for late June with my daughter . We are from New Jersey and she plans on majoring in economics… Hope it’s not too hot lol

@Imjdad1 ^^^ I find the tri-state area NY/NJ/CT to often be hotter and muggier than Tuscaloosa. Just my opinion, if you can handle hot, muggy, weather it won’t seem much different. However, the rest of the year is a delight compared to sleet, snow and ice.

My older son, a Bama grad, interned for a Congressman in VA … we are from VA. He also worked for NOAA in American Samoa between his junior and senior years at Bama. He did not think there was any bias against someone who graduated from Bama. He has a former roommate who worked in DC and now is in NYC. One of his fraternity brothers works in Richmond, VA (he’s from Alabama). Another is in KC. He is an engineer from Texas.

BTW, Alabama does not “place” students in jobs. You need to go out there and land one. But, it does have some outstanding career fairs.

@indianguy1 Atlanta is a popular choice for Bama grads.

LinkedIn provides a lot of info on registered alumni, including where they live.

https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/edu/alumni?id=17740&trk=edu-up-nav-menu-alumni

Anyone have experience convincing strict indian parents about going to Alabama? My parents think every other college than Michigan and the ivies is some third grade college. It really frustrates me.

@indianguy1 - so basically you can go to whatever school you want, but your parent’s check is going to uMich or an Ivy?

@indianguy1 if your parents put their foot down, and if you are financially dependent upon them, there is probably not much you can do.

Have them take a college visit there with you so they can see first hand. Sounds like plenty of high stat students have passed on some of the Ivy League schools for UA.

When you visit, surprise your parents and take them to the Sitar Indian restaurant on 15th/Hackberry. It was owned by Nepalese, but has changed hands fairly recently and now Indians run it. Excellent food! They might ‘warm’ to the idea of your attending afterwards… :smiley: