Questions about students/music scene

<p>What is the student body like? How diverse is it in terms of students' personalities? </p>

<p>Also are there student bands and other musicians to jam with informally (outside of organized ensembles or music classes)? If so, where do they practice and jam?</p>

<p>Hi! I am wondering the same thing about the diversity. I went for a tour last spring and it seemed pretty diverse, but then again I heard a lot of people say it isn’t. </p>

<p>Are you planning on applying for the fall? Monmouth is my first choice! I love the campus, staff, and students! :)</p>

<p>Hello Drummer52895. </p>

<p>Glad to hear of your interest in MU. Monmouth University’s diversity percentage is around 25 percent, so there is a great opportunity to meet students from all backgrounds and personalities. </p>

<p>As for bands, while the school does have organized ensembles and bands, our students have the opportunity to get together and practice. I have seen students practicing across campus and in the building that houses our music department. If you would like any further information, just let me know and I would be glad to help.</p>

<p>Have a great day.</p>

<p>I go to monmouth, and as far as diverse personalities go, I haven’t seen much. Most people here are your stereotypical upper middle class people, and the school is run by Greek life and sports. I don’t know if there are people out there in bands or who just like to chill and play music, though they’re probably just a little harder to find. But if you do find them let me know lol</p>