Questions for anyone with experience living in Sellery!

<p>I got assigned Sellery, my first choice (yay!), and I just had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Is there any way to know if you have 2 or 3 windows based on your room number?</p></li>
<li><p>How many elevators are there in each tower?</p></li>
<li><p>Is there a kitchen and lounge on each floor? Where are these located? (Middle of the floor, at one end of the hall, etc.)</p></li>
<li><p>Where are the bathrooms located on the floor?</p></li>
<li><p>Are the towers completely separated, or are they connected?</p></li>
<li><p>Any fun facts or things I should know about Sellery?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<ol>
<li><p>No.</p></li>
<li><p>Two.</p></li>
<li><p>No kitchen, there’s one in the basement of each tower. Lounge is directly opposite the elevators.</p></li>
<li><p>At the start of each wing. You’ll see them.</p></li>
<li><p>They share a lobby but that’s it.</p></li>
<li><p>You’ll have a lot of fun.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Do people have access to both towers of Sellery or just the one they live in?</p>

<p>Someone else who lives in the other tower will have to key the floor you want to go to - you just get into the elevator with other people and ask them to get the floor you want. Standard procedure for going to any dorm you don’t live in. The lobby connects both towers though.</p>

<p>Thanks so much! A couple more if anyone has an opinion, how big are the rooms? Is lofting one or both beds necessary to have space? I felt like the sample room was tiny. Is that how big the actual rooms are?</p>

<p>You don’t have to loft either bed. I lofted mine but my roommate did not and we had plenty of room, enough for a couch even. I don’t remember the sample room well but I feel like the actual rooms are bigger than that. If you want a big thing like a couch then you will probably need to loft at least one bed. You will have a lot of space if you loft both, but you’ll have enough if you don’t loft either.</p>

<p>Regarding lofting. Well stated RoxSox. Do not do it if you feel best with your bed/feet on the floor regardless of your roommate’s wishes. You can try it and change anytime if it bothers you. Most probably do fine with lofting but no one should feel pressured to do it. Your choice. All UW dorm rooms are designed to allow both beds on the floor.</p>

<p>Thanks so much everyone! Last one I swear: is A tower the one adjacent to Park Street or Johnson Street?</p>

<p>how did you find out your assignment? i’m waiting.</p>

<p>It should have been emailed to you - check your wisc.edu account.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>It’s delicious stuffed with peanut butter! </p>

<p>(Sorry.) :)</p>