Recorder

<p>I was advised to bring a recorder device for lectures, is this ok? Is my recording device on my cell good or any apps?</p>

<p>I dont know if using a recorder is much help. Most kids dont have time to relisten to a whole lecture. </p>

<p>Okay, someone mentioned it to me yesterday so I was just curious </p>

<p>Back when I was in college, the premed classes had the first two rows of the lecture halls filled with kids with cassette recorders to tape their lectures. None of the professors had a problem with it. I often wondered how they found the time to relisten to the lectures, but when there’s a will, there’s a way.</p>

<p>Nowadays, you can get laptops with audio recording capabilities. And there is even voice recognition software. I’m proud to be part of a profession that provides captioning for deaf students. </p>

<p>As part of my work, I use a small digital recorder that records sound as an mp3 file, so it’s very easy to listen to on any audio device.</p>

<p>Technology has come so far, you could probably record the lectures without being a distraction.</p>

<p>When I was in school, I took a lecture class that was an elective. The ONLY reason I took it was because it fit in the time slot and I needed an elective! I recorded that class and re-listened to the lectures on my 1 hour commute each way back and forth to school. It didn’t help … still made a C! </p>

<p>Good luck to you! </p>