Rejected

rejected with a 2.65 and 34 on act. Miami is my dream though, does appealing make sense?

No it would really make a mess of it… but when u do find a college if your gpa is high enough you could just transfer

^^^^ but sorry @jrose54321 Im sure you will be happy wherever you end up

how do i find out? @jrose54321

on canelink when i go to application status it says that my app is complete and under it it says that my app for 2018 is incomplete and idk what that means bc it wasn’t there before

It’s tough. It’s what growing up means - realizing that wanting something really bad doesn’t make it happen. Yes, it’s tough. Allow yourself a good cry. You’re not going to UMiami.
Try to shift focus and find other schools you like and will come to love.
The discrepancy between act and GPA, barring any special circumstance your counselor hopefully mentioned, is a huge red flag. Only 7% admitted students had a GPA as low as yours, and you can bet they were athletes or would bring something specific to the University that it needed - or are cancer survivors.
Not sure why you’d want to appeal. You applied tobannout if reach school and got denied. The only case I can thibkbfoe an appeal is that your GPA was caused by something like cancer or aids or something equally terrible and being in the hospital all the time, AND your counselor somehow didn’t mention it.
If you want to go to school in Miami, there’s FIU. The low GPA won’t put them off and if you had a rigorous course load (6-8 AP’s, mostly honors classes) you could ask for special consideration for the honors college.
What’s your parents 'budget and what specifically do you like about UMiami? Adults on this website can help you find colleges that share the desired characteristics with UMiami and are relatively likely to be within budget.