Residence Halls Question

<p>If a residence hall is coed by wing, does this mean that there is a separate bathroom for boys and for girls (meaning a bathroom in each wing)? I'm asking because I'm interested in a certain Lakeshore residence hall, but I don't want to stay in a building with coed bathrooms. I apologize if this question has been asked before.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Wow do coed bathrooms even exist?
If so, I will die.</p>

<p>Yea, really how many places anywhere have co-ed bathrooms? Outside of your own home of course.</p>

<p>A better question is if the bathrooms are right next to each other or are they seperated quite a bit.</p>

<p>I was under the impression that some colleges do have coed bathrooms (my friend who’s looking at Goucher tells me that there are some there). Maybe not, though (hopefully not).</p>

<p>I haven’t really seen the arrangement in any halls besides my own (Sellery), but here’s how it is here…</p>

<p>Basically there is an elevator that cuts each tower in half with one gender on the left and one on the right. (It alternates each floor what side each sex is on). Directly opposite the elevator is the stairwell and if you go to your right/left the first door is going to be the the bathroom for that respective wing. The door is always open, but you can’t see inside or anything so don’t worry. If you walked out after taking a shower, perhaps if the elevator is open people would see you, but seriously it’s not big deal.</p>

<p>No coed bathrooms at UW. Where there is only one bathroom on a floor that floor is of only one gender. Houses are coed- they may be a single floor with two wings (and bathrooms) or more than one floor. Liz Waters has both styles (I remember when parents were housed there for SOAR, separate from the students, of course. Spouses shared a room in one of two wings in the central building but one wing’s bathroom was designated men and the other women-I had to traipse all the way down a long hallway for mine instead of just across the way). When son lived there I had to go to another floor. Kronshage also has separate genders on a floor since there are relatively few rooms per floor and only one bathroom. Bathroom doors can be left closed- it depends on the residents. Don’t worry, bring a robe- even in the days of single gender dorms and (liberal) visitation hours there were members of the opposite sex around. It is fair/reasonable to have any visitors leave your room so you can have privacy at any time. BTW- a SOAR parent asked why they didn’t have urinals in the guys’ dorm bathrooms- the response involved “you don’t have one in your home, do you?” and that without them it was easy to change the floor for either gender.</p>

<p>Thanks for the answers!</p>