Ridgecrest South Question

<p>Does anyone know what color the walls are in the ridgecrest south dorms? I’m trying to figure out what color bedding would look okay before I buy it since I haven’t been able to visit and see the rooms. If anyone has seen any of them decorated and know which colors look best that would be nice to know too :slight_smile: Thanks!</p>

<p>beige i think. </p>

<p>everyone just decorates their room without regard for the wall color, for the most part.</p>

<p>the carpet is brown and the furniture is brown. take a look at the pics on the ua housing website.</p>

<p>My son lives in Ridgecrest South North and I would call the color “BLAH”. It is a sort of colorless neutral, not really white or beige. The kitchen wall above the sink was a “sort of” Terra-cotta (again, kind of a warm neutral).</p>

<p>Believe me whatever color you choose, it will work. It can only improve the color of the surrounding walls. </p>

<p>If you are a guy you might try darker neutrals and browns and deep blues.</p>

<p>If you are a girl (I am assuming you are), I would go bright, I would mix yellows with blues or orange. It would definitely brighten up the space.</p>

<p>Oh, and the carpet is very low pile and a darker shade of brown, nothing special there. You could easily add a throw rug to add extra color. :)</p>

<p>I stayed in Ridgecrest South for Bama Bound. You are testing my memory. I want to say the walls were painted off-white. The carpet is deep chocolate brown. The lighting is institutional florescent. Additional lamp would be necessary. There were big-slatted thick white vinyl blinds on the deep-silled bedroom window. I can’t remember about the living area. They controlled the light and gave privacy, but were not sun/light blocking. The furniture was the new modular units of a dark color wood. Bed, three drawer dresser, desk, chair and night stand. The night stand has a lockable drawer, deep drawer. The XL long twin bed was height adjustable from standard to bunk height. 4 positions, I think. No anti-fall railing. Each headboard was horizonally slatted and about 6 feet high to serve (I guess) as the ladder if the matress were at one of the higher two positions. When the bed is low, it looked like the head/foot board would still be that tall. There is no box springs, just the college/camp standard vinyl covered matress. A thick matress pad or memory foam pad would be desirable.</p>

<p>i think the kitchen/living area is a blah yellowish …</p>

<p>Thank you so much everyone for your help! I guess beige isn’t that bad, just looked at the picture and I think that will go fine with what I was planning to buy. Didn’t realize they had photos up of inside the rooms! I hadn’t thought about the headboard being that high, that is kind of odd haha I guess I’ll just keep mine lofted.</p>

<p>yeah the ends of the bed are good if you plan on lofting it, but kind of awkward, if not doing so. but the option to loft it up high sure gives you more options for furniture placement/room arrangement.</p>

<p>Actually you can make very good use of those high bed frames. You can have them do double duty. If you have something tall (like an ironing board) you can corral it behind the foot board against the wall. The other end (say headboard) can have a storage type bag hung from the top (you know the one with many pockets. Just use electrical ties to secure it to the bed frame. Alternately, you can hang various items from the rungs. Again use electrical ties for semi- permanence. You can be very inventive, you could also secure a curtain to hide and make pretty, your under bed storage. I don’t think that the higher bed frames are a disadvantage especially when you loft the bed You can be very creative.</p>