Rising Junior Question- How impressive is AP Scholar with Distiction??

<p>hey guys i am a rising Junior
I am trying to get the AP Scholar with Distinction award from College Board by the end of next year</p>

<p>I was wondering does this award help increase admissions chances (in-state) and if it truly matters as a "award" to put on my college resume?</p>

<p>Eagles, VT, because it has so many applicants, is a very numbers driven school as far as acceptances go. If you are taking a very challenging curriculum throughout hs (as it seems you are with your AP classes) and doing well in your grades for those classes, that is what they are looking for mainly. </p>

<p>GPA, strength of curriculum, class rank, and your board scores (SATs and/or ACT scores) are probably bigger admittance criteria than the AP scholar award. You probably are aware of the fact that if you score a 4 or 5 on your AP tests it will help you toward credits and exemptions from some of the core classes you would have to take at VT. So, in the end you are “rewarded” for all of your hard work! :slight_smile: Good luck to you.</p>

<p>thanks KandKsmom for that input
our school does not do school rank, so would i base it relative to my weighted or unweighted GPA??</p>

<p>eagles, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be confusing. By class rank I mean that your gpa needs to be in the A/B+ range (and thus would have you in the top percentiles of your class). I think it would be your weighted GPA they are looking at, but you should call admissions to verify. Again, best wishes to you!</p>

<p>I also received that award, but not before my applications were due. I doubt it would make much of a difference, but if you get it, then definitely list it on your awards list (what can it hurt?).</p>