RIT Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Is january the RD response time? I am trying to decide if there’s a real advantage to switching to ED2 over RD…

My mistake! RD applicants will hear back mid March!

I’m hoping it will be earlier, maybe February. I’ve also seen past posts about kids receiving “likely” letters in January…

3 Likes

I hope so too! Mid March is a loooong wait! Good to know about possible likely letters in January!!

1 Like

My daughter has applied RD to the BS/MS PA program. Has anyone applying to PA program ED have their interview yet? Is it in person? We live OOS. What about recommendation letters, are these in addition to what has already been sent in with application?

Just wondering if you heard about the TE at RIT? My son is also thinking of Computer Exploration and got in RD and found out last week he got the Tuition Exchange.

Just a follow up. He got the Tuition Exchange!
They also gave him a performing arts scholarship ($1k) and Alumni Scholarship ($1k)

2 Likes

My daughter applied ED1 and did interview for PA. At the interview they told her they are running behind, and not to expect to hear anything until mid-January.

1 Like

That is amazing! That is a total of $43K?! TE is $41 this year, right?!

1 Like

Thanks, was the interview in person? How long did it take? We are in Boston so it’s quite a hike if we have to go to an in person interview. Especially since there aren’t any direct flights anymore to Rochester.

Did your student get any indication how many people were being invited to interview?

I didn’t think RD decisions came out until March. Congrats!

1 Like

What was the date your DT interviewed ? Mine was interviewed on 12/2. They told her the same thing that we won’t hear until mid January.

They can arrange interview virtual but in person is highly recommended. Recommend letters you can re-use the ones already submitted during application as long as you have two.

1 Like

Thats great!!! Congratulations!!

Thanks for your reply? How long was interview? Other PA program interviews were only ~15 mins.

Interview was about an hour. They gave parents tour of facility afterwards.

1 Like

@Vkt1 My daughter interviewed on 12/2 as well! We opt’d not to stay for the tour, as we had been up just a few weeks prior and they said it wouldn’t be anything new.

@Skippy17 They did not give her any clue at the interview how many they were meeting with. On one of the open house tours we attended, they said about 80 applicants will be interviewed, and they guessed around 300 will apply, so if you get an interview it’s 50/50 chances at that point. She received a phone call inviting her to interview, and they gave her a choice of 2 dates. My daughter didn’t ask about a virtual interview, as we had already discussed that we’d make the trip again in person. The interview process was about an hour - I dropped her off at the door and waited in the parking lot. They did a writing sample as well as the group interview (3 candidates with 2 interviewers, I believe).

1 Like

Right. 41k for TE and 1k for each of the other two (those are the two that they will stack)

1 Like

@Vkt1 - Have you heard anything yet? We have not, and “mid-January” felt like forever to get here!

My daughter was invited to do the PA interview. She will be doing it virtually because of mid terms and other commitments. Has anyone done the interview virtually? Do they still do it with multiple candidates? How do you submit your writing sample?

2 Likes