RIT Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My D got accepted to the program. I hope yours too. What time on 12/2 was your D interviewed ? Mine was 2.

2 Likes

Congrats @Vkt1 - how exciting! My DD was earlier that day, 10am, I think. She did actually switch from ED1 to RD after the interview so that may have affected things (she received an early offer elsewhere she honestly wasn’t expecting with such good merit we couldn’t help but need to compare before committing). If I can ask, when did your daughter hear, and how - was it a phone call, email, updated portal, or actual letter?

1 Like

Congrats on the acceptance on the other college.

She got emailed about a week after the interview.

3 Likes

@Skippy17 - Has your daughter had her interview yet? How did it go? Did they give her a timeline as to when she’ll hear back? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

She felt interview went well, although awkward doing it over zoom with two other candidates. No indication on when she will hear back, other than the mid-March with the other RD applicants.

1 Like

I’m wondering if any accepted ED applicants have received housing selection appointments.

My D23 just got her ED acceptance and Presidential Scholarship! OOS, Liberal Arts.
**I am nuts, my DD just informed me that she was RD. So apparently I am confused.

4 Likes

I think it’s because they notified so early it feels like EA/ED. For RD it’s much earlier than expected. I really thought it would be mid March.

Since your D applied to RIT, did she apply to RPI? We’re in California, so this would be a big decision. RPI gave more merit but we know a little more about RIT because of all the webinars they offered. Plus we have a close friend attending RIT so that helps a lot with sending a kid all the way to NY.

Exactly! Super surprised, we expected mid-March. (and on a Friday!)
She did not apply to RPI. However, more merit would have been helpful.
DD wanted to further her studies in ASL, and RIT has a 3+3 law program with Syracuse that she hopes to get into.

2 Likes

That is so exciting! This might sound like an odd question, but what makes RIT (which I think of as super tech-y) appealing to her as a liberal arts student? Enjoy celebrating!

Is your friend’s child happy at RIT? We are still waiting to hear back from RIT over here - ugh.

D here! RIT was appealing for a couple of reasons. I wanted to continue my studies in ASL past high school, and RIT has an amazing and diverse deaf and signing community and programs. Furthermore, the 3+3 law with Syracuse would be excellent. It also matched my requirements for size and location. The focus on tech is definitely a drawback, but it meant I had more chance of merit for such a $$ school! I think the perks definitely overrode the uncommon major enough to send in the application, but I understand the confusion.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing! You have a bright future ahead!!!

RD decisions started to roll out Friday - my daughter was accepted! Now the tough decision making begins!

I really love RIT and attended many of their webinars. I’m not sure if other colleges offered that many. We’re in CA so it’s so far. We have a friend attending and that helps a bit. But right now we’re waiting for the UCs because it’s cheaper.

D was accepted for RD today with the Presidential Scholarship!

4 Likes

Daughter was accepted RD today for Animation after getting deferred from ED1 and ED2! We’re so excited!

6 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Son got into RIT engineering with 22K a year merit scholarship!

2 Likes

Not yet. He applied for housing on January 16th or so, but hasn’t heard about appointment yet