Riverchase Galleria

<p>Has anyone on this board ever visited this mall?</p>

<p>There are a couple of stores there I would like to visit, and we may drive up there after we pick son up from the dorm.</p>

<p>Any tips on parking, places to eat, places to avoid?</p>

<p>I’ve been there twice. It’s a fine mall. </p>

<p>We didn’t eat there. Instead, we drove to The Summit (it’s an outdoor lifestyle mall) which we like a LOT better…and we think The Summit has better restaurants. </p>

<p>[The</a> Summit Birmingham - Home](<a href=“http://www.thesummitonline.com/birmingham/index.html]The”>http://www.thesummitonline.com/birmingham/index.html)</p>

<p>I’ve been to the Galleria a few times. The area around the mall gets somewhat confusing unless you know where you’re going. The mall is located just off I-459 at exit 13.</p>

<p>Thanks, mom. I go to a conference every year at the Hilton across from The Summit, though I’ve never been. Friends go there to eat at the Cheesecake Factory after the meeting, but I’ve never been. Plenty of good places to eat at the Colonnade, in walking distance to the hotel.</p>

<p>Thanks, seatide, for the heads up about directions. I was looking for that kind of info.</p>

<p>I need to call to make sure the Lego Store is still there.</p>

<p>Has anyone ever been to it?</p>

<p>We’re Lego fanatics in our family, and I’d like to get something unique there for my nephews, as well as the rest of us.</p>

<p>I also saw a Johnny Rockets listed there, which we loved at Union Station in DC, so if it’s still there, we may want to catch a quick bite there.</p>

<p>I live in Birmingham - about 15 minutes from Galleria- I am not sure what is even still there- The Summit is much better and 10 minutes away- traffic in Hoover is awful!!</p>

<p>Lego store is new -moved in about a year ago-call and ask them where to park-that’s what i do i I am only going to a store or 2 b/c it is so big</p>

<p>Just bumping this post up because I did get to go to the Riverchase Galleria on my way down from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa. Very nice mall. Could have spent a month there. Looked like some good choices at the Food Court. Just stopped in one specific store, spent a few hours there, and could have spent more there as well. Definitely plan to return there in the future. </p>

<p>My business meeting was across the street from the Summit, but it was too chilly for this Southern girl to venture out. Shuttle driver told me it was an outdoor mall, so I will wait for warmer weather for that trip. Got a good restaurant recommendation for there, Sweet Bones Alabama, I believe, which featured a dessert of fried banana pudding. Our speaker thrilled us with pictures of her food on her table, as she sampled everything on the menu.</p>

<p>For anybody who likes Legos, the Lego store at the Riverchase Galleria is awesome!</p>

<p>I have not been to the Galleria for years. I was under the impression it was the decline since the Summitt opened. Glad to see it’s still nice.</p>

<p>I haven’t been to the Summit, so I can’t compare the two. There were your usual “mall rats”, preteens, in the mall, which may cause one to view it as in decline, but I did not feel unsafe, as I do in the local malls here in New Orleans.</p>

<p>The Galleria is still very nice. The Summit is very popular and has probably affected sales at The Galleria, but many times you need to be in a covered mall. Outside malls can be difficult when raining or too hot.</p>

<p>Have never been to Galleria but we LOVE The Summit! Had great burgers at FLIP Burger and their milk shakes are wonderful as well! We have eaten at the Village Tavern where we had a nicer meal. My D and her boyfriend have been back several times they enjoyed it so much. Yogurt at 32 Degrees is good…your standard yogurt bar. For those of you who have a D that is Greek or going Greek, James Avery has all of the sororities lavalieres as well as nice chains for a reasonable price. I called them and they put my D’s together for her and even gift wrapped it. They had it waiting behind the counter when her boyfriend took her to pick up her “surprise”! They also have lovely birthstone rings. My D was also pleased because there is a MAC store as well as Sephora and several nice boutiques, J Crew and Saks. It is outside but we found good parking and coming from an area where all of our upscale shopping is outside it wasn’t a problem. It is definitely worth a visit.</p>

<p>^All this talk of Legos has me thinking about a newspaper article that came out last week. A recent UT Austin aerospace engineering graduate won the Lego Master Model Builders competition and will become the next Lego czar (Master Model Builder) at the Legoland Discovery Center that’s supposed to open up this spring in Grapevine, TX. His starting salary will be just $37,500 a year! The article intrigued me … a UT Austin aerospace engineering grad … moving on to build legos for a living. Cute. Fun. Interesting. A wise career move?? Hmmm.</p>

<p>[Recent</a> UT graduate named Lego master model builder | khou.com | khou.com Texas News](<a href=“http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Recent-UT-graduate-named-Lego-master-model-builder-114490679.html]Recent”>http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Recent-UT-graduate-named-Lego-master-model-builder-114490679.html)</p>

1 Like