Room condition, UA housing contact?

<p>Check your email today for a survey about your move in experience. It’s an opportunity to share good and not-so-good experiences.</p>

<p>I just took the Move In Survey. What is Drop Off Day that was referenced in the survey?</p>

<p>Wolverine86 – Alabama does assess charges for damages, but based on the condition of the rooms at move in those fees either aren’t collected (which in unlikely given that they are assessed on the student bill and a student’s schedule will be cancelled/transcripts held if those charges are unpaid) or the assessments aren’t used to actually fix the rooms that have been damaged.</p>

<p>I have no idea either…never heard a word about it. Now that I think about it, though, I do remember mybDD mentioning that a friend had moved some of her things in a couple of days early…must’ve been Drop-off?</p>

<p>Son texted me this afternoon that his suite was being painted. He said they were painting “over all the crap,” so I guess that means his walls are good now. :)</p>

<p>Aero mom, you are so right about kids overlooking maintenance issues! I doubt my son would have even reported it. He’s a pretty laid back guy.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the contact info!</p>

<p>My D was one of those that was able to “Drop Off” early when she moved out of her summer II dorm and into her fall dorm. They were not allowed to stay in the dorm. We were only granted admittance into her room on Friday, August 2 from 9:30am - 1:00pm. They expected us to literally “DROP” everything and leave. We were like, uhm, NO! We just drove all the way here with her bookcase and such and will get it all in and up as we are not coming back next week.<br>
Here is what happened on that day for us:
Arrived at 9:15am to wait for D’s summer RA to show up to “represent” her to get the key and that RA would walk us to her room. That RA was held up at another dorm bldg waiting on keys. The very nice front desk staff was very accomodating and finally at 9:45 said they would check her room to see if it was cleaned and they would let us in. Got the ok.
Upon getting upstairs the cleaning crew was 2 doors down. They must have just cleaned her room that morning.<br>
We unloaded everything in 4 loads up and down. Again, they thought we would just leave after that. Got her bookshelf up and got some things unpacked so we could clear the room of the boxes so her roommate would have room to move in the following week. Was attempting to put the curtains up at 11:30 when someone from housing showed up to lock the door. We told them we were told we had till 1:00 and we would need that time. Again, we just drove all the way from Texas and we were not coming back the next week.
While getting things unpacked I noticed D’s desk was broken. We had no RA to report anything to as our RA rep was still stuck wherever she was. I kindly asked the housekeeping ladies what to do. They took it and brought another that was not broken. Where it went and where they got the one that was not broken, I have no idea.<br>
I did find a room condition form that was left in the room and it had marked the condition as very good. Well, with a broken desk I think not. Why I was going to make sure that was reported right then and there that day. </p>

<p>We were done by 12:30 and sat down to rest and observe our quick handiwork. Then left with all of the empty cardboard boxes, grabbed lunch and headed home.</p>

<p>The room my DD moved into on August 8th, had freshly waxed floors. Too bad they forgot to sweep before they waxed the long human hairs into the floor.
When we arrived for move-in at 11:00am, the beds were not bunked and all of the furniture was stacked haphazardly in the living area. The blinds in the living room were completely missing and the bedroom blinds looked like someone had used them as a chew toy. The main refrigerator looked like it was manufactured in the 1950’s and the door to the bathroom had red duct tape which was peeling off the bottom of the door. The bathroom mirror was discolored at least 3 inches all the way around it and the bedroom mirror was falling out of its frame. The shower had a half used piece of soap still in it. Our freshman daughter cried when she saw the room. We spent 2 days scrubbing and trying to salvage the room for these 4 girls. The furniture was stained beyond belief and there isn’t any fan system in the bathroom so everything is rusty and smells moldy. The pathetic thing is that this is only a partial list of everything wrong in this room!
We should get a refund for this third world housing.
This is NOT okay UA! Shame on you!</p>

<p>Email the people listed in previous posts on this thread. They do listen.</p>