sat

<p>I am from Colombia and I did my SAT no long ago... I had a pretty bad score of 1380 but I have many honors in school and I've been nominated to many prestigious academic programs due to my excellence in school in the US and around the world. I am ranked in the top 10 of my class and I have many awards for dance, I'm also taking the IB program... I am really worried because my school performance has been okay but my sat score kind of messed it all up for me :( I just need some advice and some college suggestions please!</p>

<p>Study for the SAT and take it again. Where are you going to HS? Columbia? The US?</p>

Late post. But here is a suggestion if you don’t get accepted in your college of preference. You can attend community college for at least year, and transfer from there. You SAT score is so low, if you’re including all three subjects which I assume.

That happens to a lot of students. You do good academically in high school but get a low score on the SAT. That’s what why Colleges look at you SAT scores to see how you perform on it, in balance with you GPA and other things. Also, keep in mind that colleges know this trick of students getting 4.0 but getting low standardized test scores. So take the SAT again, if you still want to bet your chances into a college. If you’re strong in one subject, such as Math for example, focus your attention on Math and try to score the highest score possible on practice tests.

For some school (less competitive schools), it may not be too late to take the SAT again, so check on those schools.

If you do take the SAT: For example, let’s say you score 450 (CR), 480 (M), 450 (W), which equalizes 1380 like you posted. If you do an effort to increase by at least 100 points on each subject (which is really not hard), you will increase your score by 300 points, resulting a 1680 overall.

Makes a huge difference. It’s not hard to score at least by 100 points, all you need to do is get at least 10-12 more questions right.

Here is link to the raw score and its conversion of actual SAT score.
**couldn’t fin link sorry, but try this other resource.
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/1517736-sat-books-do-not-start-new-threads-post-here-p1.html