Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

While I’ve been fine attending the appointments so far, I’m happy H will be allowed to attend tomorrow’s. Talking about what is there, what could be there, what will be done and what might have to be done is really not something I’d like to do by myself.
Now he just has to respect my decisions on how to handle it all.

3 Likes

You have 3 adult “children” with families of their own, you’d better be fair and equitable. There is no reason on this earth to favor one or two over any other(s). Seriously.

6 Likes

Regardless of the question apparently the answer is always Alabama and Arizona.

7 Likes

It’s a simple act that doesn’t hurt you, but it could keep her from getting hurt. Yet you choose not to do it. You are 100% jerk.

12 Likes

Is it a sign of old age to not want to do anymore projects?

4 Likes

So many people passing in my circle lately. As I’m printing out estate papers I need to sign for my mom, my H is texting me that a close neighbor was found dead in her house today.

Sometimes it’s like your whole circle of people is reshaping right before your eyes. It’s a little frightening. :frowning:

Gift receipts, people. Gift receipts. What am I supposed to do with two copies of two brand new books? Are they from Amazon? They aren’t from the local place or B&N. Grrrrr.

10 Likes

Good outcome. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

It’s not, “Chester drawers,” dear cousin :joy:

5 Likes

Didn’t think I could be more embarrassed but nope, turns out I can be.

It’s called an index….it’s in the back of the book….I don’t care if your teacher never told you!

1 Like

Our house is under new management.

We just adopted an eighteen pound, four month old black lab retriever.

If Truth in Labeling laws apply to naming puppies, Little Tornado would be in compliance.

42 Likes

Good job! Way to problem solve.

2 Likes

Apparently, he spoke his truth. :cry:

This thread is so helpful. I can’t even begin to say how many times I’ve typed out all my complaints and frustrations, and have then been able to hit the trash can button. Very cathartic!

26 Likes

To a man with just a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

To a teething puppy,everything looks like a chew toy.

The result is pretty much the same.

6 Likes

I miss Palfrey

I don’t stockpile TP, PPE, frozen chicken, Covid tests or whatever hard to find at the moment item happens to be, but I just bought $200 worth of cat litter! ‘Cause if we run out of that specific litter… we will have an uprising here, and I will have to stockpile Nature’s Miracle.

13 Likes

Long sigh…Finally, some in the financial press get it. Grant’s Current Yield podcast on “Breaking the American economy” (Jan 17, 2022) is excellent. I will buy the book they recommend.

1 Like