Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (Part 1)

There is nothing sadder than a college student that comes home for a break, and two days into the trip comes down with a stomach virus. :frowning:

Doing better than I expected with our son being in the hospital. His two siblings are such goofballs that they are an excellent distraction. :slight_smile:

I need to see my therapist but I canā€™t afford it. :frowning:

Serenity now!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas!

Feliz Navidad!

Dad, I trust youā€™re enjoying the next life with Grandma and Grandpa this Christmas, but it seems a little empty each time I remember to call you, then remind myself thatā€™s one tradition that is over now.

Got through Christmas. I think we made it a nice day for the two kids, even though their brother is in the hospital.

Reconnected for ONE DAY (literally) on facebook with you, as you currently live in a country we will be visiting later this upcoming year, and today you try to coopt the innocent shout out I made to the daughters of my late moms friends, and the ones who owned the camp that my late mom attended and worked as a counselor when RBG was there. You moron, it was a shout out to those women that the camp got some mention in the new RBG movie. It was not political, and merely mentioning the initials RBG is not political, so I deleted your attempt to rile about some political thing from years ago that I donā€™t care about and has nothing to do with Camp She-Na-Wah. And then when I removed your post you try to rant on about it and argue via messenger? Not happening. Facebook- I do love the ā€œrestrictedā€ option! Thank you for that. Donā€™t have to unfriend them- but they canā€™t see the posts. For all the flack facebook has deservedly gotten of late, at least hereā€™s one small note of appreciation for the restricted option.

I have the best cousin in the world.

No, it is not reasonable to call on Christmas Eve as we are walking out the door and ask about Christmas dinner at YOUR house. No, we have no idea what you should serve or recipes to provide. No, we canā€™t go food shopping because the kids donā€™t want to eat tenderloin as we have for 20+ years. No, we are not going to feel guilty that we didnā€™t ask what to bring to your house since every year that we do, you never allow us to bring anything but expect us to cook EVERYthing. Glad I married someone who can cook and has a sense of humor. OK, thatā€™s the last Christmas we spend peeling potatoes and making your dinner. Soooooo, weird. Especially as all weā€™d like to do Christmas Day is just stay home and veg.
Families are so weird. Especially families that donā€™t communicate except by passive aggressive mantras. Glad itā€™s my family. If it was my spouseā€™s family I would be angry for weeks!!!

I always really look forward to the Christmas season. The music. The parties. The time off.

And then I am so glad when itā€™s over.

Itā€™s a strange thing.

Oh, I miss you, mom! I continued a few of your sweet traditions - the kids thought it was nice. There were a few tears, but the overwhelming feeling we have today is gratitude - weā€™re grateful for the wonderful life you gave to us, grateful for the example you set for us, and grateful that you taught us that family is more important than anything. Thank you, mom.

Dear friend: I helped you find you your therapist, I helped you pack your house and took you to get more boxes, I researched and found you the lead that ultimately became where you moved to (and glad you like the woman you are rooming with) I served as your reference for the job you found (and quit a week later). You now live 5 minutes from me. Its been just about a month. A simple ā€œthank youā€ or invitation to go for coffee or a glass of wine would be lovely. You seem to call only when you want something. That is getting oldā€¦

I quit. Just quit. Done. End. Finish.

This morning, DS told me that this was the best Christmas ever.I donā€™t think we beat out his childhood experiences (I hope not) but I know what he meant. We all as a family worked together to minimize drama and to include everyone.Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All.

Sooooo disappointed that my momā€™s internal transfer didnā€™t work out. I m trying to help her get a new job, but itā€™s quite hard when itā€™s end of the year. Poo.

There are moments when my kids do something for me or each other that make me so happy I could burst into tears.