Scholarships

If I apply by Feb. 1 do I have any chance at getting scholarships? Or were they all distributed out during the early action period. Are there any bigger scholarships that would cover the out of state tuition for non-residents?

OOS scholarships are few and far between. Cannot rely on them to pay for tuition.

Ditto- do not rely on funding from UW. Fact of life for many students is attending school instate due to costs. You cannot expect another state to fund you- they should be helping instate students instead. Look for other sources- check with your HS for available scholarships you may qualify for. There may be many supported by locals in your area.

I’m curious about the answer to the OP’s question - is applying by the RD deadline exclude you from scholarships? Was there an earlier deadline for this?

@Fishnlines29 If I remember correctly, you can apply for the scholarships before actually being accepted to the school, so you do not have to apply EA.

Scholarship application deadline for L & S Wisconsin residents is today.

Yeah I applied to the one and only Engineering scholarship last week. One is better than none for OOS! So now I am hoping to be selected.