School supply quesiton

<p>This is a bit of a trivial question, but for those who are experienced with UW, would it be better to invest in single or three subject notebooks for classes? I know it really depends on the classes, but in general, which would be better? </p>

<p>I am taking english, sociology, math, and linguistics.</p>

<p>Also, any other tips concerning what to have for classes?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>I like to get a big giant five subject notebook. But that’s just my personal preference.</p>

<p>It usually is cheaper to get many single subject spirals- get 2 or 3 times the number you think you need while they’re cheap now and use leftovers next year. Ditto with pens/pencils et al. You won’t have every course every day so keeping subjects separate makes sense. Also- you may fill one section but have room in others- then you have 2 spirals or more anyhow. Consider having a different color for each course- easy to grab the one you need. Loose leaf paper may be useful. Leave extras at home to bring second semester when prices are higher.</p>

<p>By now you know how you take notes. Cruise the stores now while they have the good prices and selection. Remember those things your family has that you will need. Pens, pencils, paper, scissors, tape, stapler and staples… You may want an assignment book- required for freshmen at son’s HS and if it works for you, go for it. Many HS teachers had requirements to get you organized and you can continue with the supplies and ideas you found helpful while ditching the ones you didn’t.</p>

<p>Some bring a printer while others use the ones in the dorms and elsewhere. You will own your textbooks and can highlight them or otherwise mark them anyway you choose. Colored pens/markers? Printer paper?</p>