Schools in California with good undergraduate nursing major

<p>I'm currently a bio major at UCI and is nearly done with my 1st year. However, I want to switch my major to nursing but it's super competitive at UCI. So, I plan to transfer to cal long beach but heard that it's hard to transfer courses from UC to CSU. Can anyone who are/was in nursing major at CSULB help? I want to know how the nursing major is at LB and is it possible to get into? Also, anyone who has taken an undergraduate nursing program at another school in California that is not very hard to get into pls recommend that school to me. I'm very anxious about my future now since it's seem like I cant get any job with my bio major.</p>

<p>Hi Angela14,
We live in the SFV and our daughter is going to school in Philly because the CSU system is so Impacted. At Northridge, they only have 18 positions per semester (last checked in 2012) and they are based on merit. Other than UCI, only UCLA and USF have guaranteed entry for Freshmen in their nursing programs, but as you know, they are Highly competitive. There is another school in SoCal that is kind of a trade school that grants a BSN. West Coast University. You might want to check them out as an alternative. Pretty much you have to go East of the Mississippi to find schools with Direct Admission. If you do go elsewhere, check this list for alternatives:
<a href=“https://sites.google.com/site/directadmitnursing/home[/url]”>https://sites.google.com/site/directadmitnursing/home&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Good Luck! (And Congrats for getting into UCI in the First Place!!!)</p>

<p>Hey Angela, these are all private, but you could look into Mount Saint Marys in Brentwood. In the Bay Area, you have Samuel Merritt University, which works with Saint Marys College of Moraga, Holy Names University, and Mills College. And you could check out Dominican University in San Rafael (Marin County). These are all Direct Admit programs.</p>

<p>im going into the prerequisets for nursing at lbcc. i know that lbcc says they have a wonderful nursing program as does csulb i want to eventually transfer to csulb</p>