Schools That May Give Me A Full Ride

Hey @ghgal04. Congratulations on what you have been able to achieve so far and I am already confident in your profile to say that you will improve your standardized test score and find lots of merit aid waiting by choosing a good list of schools. I believe you are right where my daughter was who received a 1250 on the PSAT in October of Junior Year, 1390 on SAT in January of Junior year and 1470 (680 ERBW/790 MATH) in August of her senior year with small “bursts” of targeted prep before each sitting. A 1400+ target is a reachable goal and will unlock merit aid to almost all HBCUs along with the ability to compete for some of the most competitive scholarships offered at those schools.

As someone who has watched my younger siblings, niece, nephew, and 2 children get full rides to HBCUs and non-HBCUs, one of the keys was selecting schools known for being generous with merit aid, but I would also make sure to look at schools who are known for being successful in producing students who do well in your chosen path. I have attached a link to a thread with scholarship opportunities at HBCUs so you can do some research and a link to schools who are the best at producing Black Medical school applicants (since pre-med is an option).

6 Likes