Secondary School Report Form

<p>So most colleges have this form for guidance counselors to fill out and send with the transcripts. Does UW-Madison only want the letters of recommendations for 2 teachers or do they want maybe 1 teacher and 1 from counselor. Or do they have a special counselor form or is it just the transcript itself? Sorry, I'm just confused.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I already applied for next year and I do not believe the Wisconsin app. has a specific place for GC comments. They need three things: an official HS transcript (probably sent in by your counselor), official ACT/SAT test scores sent from the test center, and an online or paper app filled out with an application fee paid. Anything else is <em>technically</em> optional.</p>

<p>I don’t think it matters where your letters come from, but I <em>know</em> that you don’t need one from your GC. I sent in three letters total. Two from a teacher and volunteer officer were packaged with my transcript (and they have my transcript so I’m assuming they have the letters) and the other, from a coach, was sent in later.</p>

<p>I think you’d be fine with two teachers. If you want to send in the GC one, that’s fine two. I don’t think you’re limited to two LORs but more than a few might be excessive.</p>

<p>With admssions getting more competitve having good recs and essays is more important than ever.</p>