Seen any good movies lately?

I saw Phantom Thread yesterday, too. So creepy. and I really disliked Daniel Day Lewis’s character. But at the same time, I liked the cinematography and clothes.

Gringo is violent with a multiple of characters are unlikable.
David Oyelowo and Amanda Seyfried are the only sympathetic characters.
Red Box or wait until on cable.

Wrinkle in Time was a very interesting movie, especially with lovely visuals and special effects. I didn’t recognize Reese Witherspoon, but both H and I really enjoyed the movie. We had read the book decades ago and that helped us understand what was going on.

Enjoyed Game Night this afternoon.

Just say I, Tonya in the theater this afternoon. Almost makes me feel sorry for Tonya Harding. I liked the film, and the way it presented the story.

Hachi with Richard Gere. Such a great movie! Wonderful boy-dog movie! Highly recommend it.

We saw a Wrinkle in Time this weekend. I’ve got mixed feelings about it. The actors were all terrific, the special effect were IMO a mixed bag. I thought they made the journey unnecessarily exciting - especially the last bit of it - what was with the big tornado? But Calvin’s fall off the leaf version of Mrs. Whatsit didn’t make much sense to me either - it didn’t add any more depth to any of the characters. I missed them landing in Flatland. I’m not an Oprah fan, but I loved what they did with her - literally playing up her larger than life persona.

Tomb Raider was entertaining, loud and Alicia V getting the snot kicked out of her time and time again.
Girl takes beating after beating… from women, men, the pavement, the ocean, others (spoiler alert)

I also saw I, Tonya this past week and really enjoyed it. It does make you feel sorry for her, it it is from her point of view. But oh my, what she went through. Allison Janney was a hoot. I do think it must have been hard deciding who should win the Oscar this year.

I mentioned earlier that I saw Game Night and enjoyed it. Meant to add that if you decide to see it, be sure to stay until the end of the credits so you don’t miss a final scene. Most left and they missed a last funny scene!

Love, Simon will be a YA must see.
Heartfelt message.

^it’s based on a popular YA novel Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

Black Panther was fast-paced movie. H loved it. It was one of the better Marvel movies imho. I’m impressed it has grossed so much worldwide and guess the world will be seeing a lot more of Black Panther.

@Classof2015 Saw Never Let Me Go a few years ago. Since I went into the movie thinking it was a story about kids who went to boarding school together starring actors I love, let’s say I was not prepared for the story and the sadness! Breathe is on my list, Garfield and Foy from The Crown, I’m in!

I read the plot of Never Let Me Go and can see why it didn’t match your expectations. I won’t watch it—I don’t like dystopian things—I don’t like movies and books to didturb me. I like to escape and preferably be cheered up. The headlines in the news are disturbing enough.

Finally saw Black Panther. It was decent but didn’t wow me. Maybe my expectations were too high from all the hype. The super hero genre isn’t my favorite so that probably had an affect as well on my reaction. It is great having a black super hero, though, and I loved the badass, strong female characters although there seemed to be no succession plans for females - bummer. I did think it was a little Disneyified (cue sunsets and dramatic music ala Lion King for one).

Has anyone seen Love, Simon yet? It’s getting great reviews from what I understand.

@Nrdsb4 – haven’t seen it – saw the preview – the premise felt a little dated to me (and one other poster here – can’t find it right now).

@Nrdsb4 I liked! Charming gay coming of age movie. A few grapefruit in the throat scenes, but enough comedic scenes to keep lighthearted… Very good performances by the many younger actors. Josh Duhamel and Jennifer Garner are good as well.

Just got home from Love, Simon. I enjoyed it and am glad I went. And filmed in my hometown of Atlanta so I’m feeling a little homesick from the location shots.