Should I pursue National Achievement?

<p>OP, ultimately, this decisions should be based upon the community that you culturally and experientially identify with. Those are imperfect parameters, but they’re all you have to go on at this point.</p>

<p>if you’re going to feel guilty, then i would say don’t apply, especially since you got national merit. and if we’re saying the only people who are black american are the ones with two fully black parents, then that basically rules out most people whose parents aren’t born in africa because most blacks here because of slavery are mixed with white and/or native american. my mother is white but i still identify as black and got a full scholarship to college for doing so, and i don’t feel like i “stole” it from a “real” black person because i consider myself just as black as someone with two black parents.</p>

<p>What is the lowest GPA you can have through grade 9-11 to still become a National Achievement Finalist? As of now I have a 3.2 GPA just including my freshman and sophomore year, but by the end of my junior year I should have a 3.45 GPA. All of these are unweighted.</p>

<p>I hope that you did. Apply for everything! Go for it.</p>

<p>I’m a parent. Your parents are correct. I applied for both. I was a National Merit Finalist and a National Achievement Scholar. I attended Harvard. One of my high school classmates received a “Daughter of the American Revolution” scholarship to
Harvard. Take advantage of every opportunity that you can. Everyone else does. Trust me you qualify 100%. Hope it all turned out great for you!</p>

<p>This thread is 2 years old, lol - not sure you noticed.</p>