Should I reschedule 1/7-9 campus visit

My daughter and I were planning to visit the campus January 7-9 and would like to see the Engineering Department and the Honors College. Students will not be going back to class until the 13th. If I reschedule we would not be able to go until the beginning of February or March. U of Minnesota is my daughter’s first choice but she received the Presidential scholarship of tuition which bumps Alabama way up on the list. We are OOS and will be flying in from Chicago so we’d like to see as much as possible while we are there.

optimom171 - So you have a HS senior anxious to make her final decision … In my opinion, you are way better off rescheduling to February. Your daughter will get a MUCH better feel for the campus with the students around and you would be able to see a lot more / talk to more people (talk with student ambassador for engineering, have lunch with a different student) / etc. We visited in December (2013) after finals and of course the campus was quite dead… My son also considering U of MN and he did a lot of research on both schools; he also has the Presidential Scholarship. The winter weather was one of the reasons he went south vs. north (we are in IL). He actually held off on making his final decision until April 1st (until he had seen all financial packages from 3-4 schools)…but UA went to #1 on his list after we visited. LOVES UA! Good luck!

Thank you!!

Yes, reschedule. It would be almost a total waste to visit when students/profs aren’t there. However, before you book a flight, make sure that there are tour times available for your desired visit.

Our Spring Break is March 21st… thinking of going down then.

That should work as UA classes will be back in from Spring Break.

http://registrar.ua.edu/academiccalendar/