SLU Medical Scholars, Pitt Honors, Duke, or UW-Madison?

JHU with full ride is what seems most compelling. Yes, it is somewhat grade deflated school with lots of competition, but as long as one is not in a super competitive major like Bio Med Engineering* there, and is sufficiently well prepared for college rigor and puts in the effort, should do well. But if you feel not too confident on your college preparedness then any of the other options are good go based on what you think is the right fit. RPI is also academically rigorous.

• Have known students who went to BME @ JHU and still excelled

Considering that I want to go to medical school will the grade deflation not affect me negatively?

Well competition is a given wherever you go for the undergrad if your target is medical school. Generally it is advisable to maintain a 3.7 or above in GPA.

You are probably the best person to answer the question of the fit for JHU or any of the other schools in your consideration because no one here knows you as well as yourself. Do you feel you are sufficiently well prepared for college? What were the standards and competition like at your high school? Have you challenged yourself by taking most challenging classes or took it relatively easy by opting for easy A classes? Guess you got some kind of pricebreak/scholarship/full rides at most places. Is it need based or non need based? (you don’t have to answer here but to ask your self, for if non need based, I don’t think you should have any kind of doubts going to any of these places). Things like that.

Yes JHU attracts a lot of bright kids like yourself and the grading is a little tough, but if you feel confident based on your self assessment (or with the help of teachers and friends) you should go for it. As I said, if you are not going to major in ultra competitive majors there, like for example BME, you should do well.

Thank you so so much…
A lot of soul searching going on now…