Smith Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

D waitlisted 100 uw, 1420 sat
This was my fave school of all the tours. I’d love her to end up at Smith.

Can everyone pls post your stats? Congratulations to accepteds

1 Like

Hi what do you mean “nice waitlisted letter” I haven’t seen it yet

My D22 was admitted today, potential Government major. Her stats are—

3.96 UW/4.38W
1470 SAT
12 APs, including Euro, Stats, US History, Lang, Lit, Psych, Government, Micro and Macro Econ, Calc AB, Art History, Chemistry (4s and 5s)
ECs: years of theater, singing and training in 3 instruments, News editor of school paper, started an anti racism book club, serves on our county’s youth commission working on education equity programming, president of a fundraising club, internship at a magazine, NYT School Summer program.
She wrote a pretty great essay for Smith, which asked a question right up her alley (about music).

2 Likes

If it is your daughter’s top choice - not only should she write a strong letter of continued interest and include why an all
women’s college - she should also
ask her high school guidance counselor to call the area admission rep for Smith. You should only ask for this - if Smith is 100% her 1st choice and if it is affordable.

DD waitlisted at Smith (accepted to Wellesley, MHO, and Bryn Mawr)

4 Likes

I got in with a 4.0 unweighted gpa / 4.48 weighted gpa. 16 AP classes, 4 or 5 on all AP tests. Leadership roles in clubs, lots of community service, had an internship for an enviro org, led several climate strikes in my city. I work 16-18 hrs a week, have done four years of varsity crew. 1380 SAT, but I had a good alumni interview and good rec letters so I think that’s key

1 Like

DD accepted, pretty excited about it, but have others gotten their fin package? She was awarded Pres Scholarship (12K) but didnt see anything about need based aid?

stats if people care …
33 ACT
3.97/4.5
National qualifier debate
IB Diploma

Please post if you’re not taking your spot ! D22 wants Smith off the waitlist!

Did a poster imply waitlist at Smith is ranked? I thought it wasn’t per CDS.

No one (incl Smith) will admit ranking their waitlist. You just don’t know how they manage that list, but they must at least work from piles (based on any number of things— location, gpa, diversity, etc). Good luck!

1 Like

My daughter released her spot at Smith a few days ago. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

1 Like

Fingers crossed ‘

Any chance that they are taking people off the waitlist now? I’m international and I still haven’t heard back from them. Smith is my dream school and I will gladly accept a later admission. Does anyone know if they are offering Spring enrollment this year?