Softball coach Pat Murphy resigns to take LSU job

<p>He is now on my hated list and I take back all former congratulatory posts to him. Yes, I’m petty and vindictive like that :-)</p>

<p>Just in case anyone wants to know, my hated list includes
auburn
auburn
auburn
auburn
auburn
cam newton
anyone else who ever played, attended, or cheered for auburn
Phil Fulmer (former tennessee coach)
Roy Kramer (former sec commissioner)
Thomas Yeager (ncaa infractions chair)
Tennessee (the school not the state)
Dennis Franchione (former Bama coach)
Gene Smith (ohio st AD & recent chair of the ncaa tournament selection committee)
Pat Murphy (traitor)</p>

<p>I advise you all to be nice to me otherwise your name could be added :-)</p>

<p>What about Mike Price? I thought he embarrassed the University.</p>

<p>Price wasn’t here long enough for me to hate. He was just a guy with a drinking problem that had no idea what it means to be the head coach at The University of Alabama. You can get away with that kind of stuff in Pullman, Wa. But at UA your every move is under a microscope. </p>

<p>And if I was going to hate everyone that has embarrassed The University. I wouldn’t be sleeping in the same bed with myself tonight :-)</p>

<p>NJ: Be realistic about Murphy. Yes he has won a bunch of games, but don’t you think with the team not going further in the NCAA’s that he was asked to resign. Think about it. He had the recruits, he was highly paid, he has one of the primo venues, was backed by the greatest softball fans, backed by the greatest University, I could go on…</p>

<p>I personally think the higher ups felt like they gave him everything and all the tools he needed to bring championships to Tuscaloosa, and for what ever reason couldn’t get it done. </p>

<p>That’s my take on it.</p>

<p>We got Saban, they got Murphy…Bama wins! RTR!</p>

<p>Well, let’s just hope that the next head coach is awesome…and the team beats the heck out of LSU.</p>

<p>Maybe those last two losses were nails in his coffin.</p>

<p>We were at LSU last weekend…it’s nice, but it’s not Bama…no way.</p>

<p>I think it was not only the last two losses to UF, but also how they lost. They were blown out of both games and they were both nationally televised. Not good.</p>

<p>NJ: Good list but I noticed that LSU was missing from your list. Apparently, you may have never attended an Alabama game at their stadium. If you have attended, then you probably would agree that they are the worst fans as far as how they treat opposing teams fans. Totally classless! I even rank them below Tennessee! I have seen them do things that I would hope our fans would never do at Bryant Denny. Not cool.</p>

<p>I also now have to add my Carolina Panthers to your list. Upon the arrival of the Scam, I have given up my season ticket rights to buy. Not joking!</p>

<p>PS: Rumors have it that NC States’ former QB Russell Wilson has made visits to Wisconsin and AUBURN. He has one year left of eligibilty, and ESPN said he is leaning towards Wisconsin but I wouldn’t be surprised if he heads to one and done Auburn.</p>

<p>BBfromNC,</p>

<p>From everything I’ve read/heard Murphy left on his own. LSU offered him a nice raise as the highest paid softball coach in the country and he took it. Mal Moore matched the offer but Murphy elected to leave any way. Apparently there were some behind the scenes things he was unhappy about. I guess it’s possible one of those things was getting heat for not being able to take the next step and win a championship.</p>

<p>I know several Carolina “fans” that have now switched their allegiance to the Falcons since the drafting of the Fig. Julio being in Atlanta now certainly helped them make the switch. The Panthers are going to regret this draft for a long long time.</p>

<p>I’m hoping Wilson goes to cheese land and from most reports it looks like he will do so. The barn is in trouble this year and will have a huge drop off in QB play. Them getting Wilson could help them win an extra game or two. And we certainly don’t want that to happen.</p>