some questions about the admission process

1. Does U of Wisconsin use super score for the SAT?
  2. I think I will be more prepared if I apply on Dec or Jan...but lots of people say that I will have way better chance If I apply before Nov 1st. In this regard, is it true I will have better chance to get in if I apply early?
  3. I have high-upward trend for my GPA(3.15-4.0-4.0). Does U of Wisconsin prefer high-upward trend student to students who have average GPA?

Thanks!

So your current cumulative GPA is 3.15?

No, my cumulative is 3.71

Do you know which is the easiest major to get into? I want to do business, but I know it is really difficult to get in.
I am thinking about transferring after a year in easy school.

You don’t apply to a specific major, you apply to the university as a whole. It’s just as easy or hard to be admitted as a Spanish major or Physics major or pre-business or agricultural economics.

As above- your proposed major is irrelevant to admissions.

No superscoring. An upward trend is definitely helpful. Your earlier grades will be offset by a super junior year. In fact, showing you have learned how to study makes your current gpa more relevant than your overall gpa. Rolling admissions- go ahead and apply now. The advantage is hearing an answer earlier- you could know you are accepted sooner. Or, rejected with time to rethink your college choices. Many are postponed which just means UW is waiting for the rest of the applications before deciding.

I do not recommend going to an “easier” school first. If UW admits you they know you can do UW work. You will get the advantage of better UW courses from day one. This can better prepare you for subsequent courses. You also get acclimated to UW along with the other freshmen and get to enjoy UW sooner. Also, it could be detrimental to go somewhere that you find boring, no peers, no need to keep good study habits. You could underperform and not get the grades you think you will. Go where you will be intellectually stimulated. Going to a school with the intention of leaving it will not make you fully engaged in it.

Thank you Madison85 and wis75!! I will definitely apply for my intended major!
The reason why I want to apply later is I registered for the another SAT on November and will register for the subject test on Dec.
I can see the benefit that I can hear back early. What about chances? Will my chance be increased if I apply earlier?

What is your SAT now?

2030 at this point…

Your 2030 SAT is equivalent to a 31 ACT which is very good for UW-Madison. I suggest applying by the Nov 1 deadline so that you hear back sooner.

Can you complete your application and essays in time?

Well, I didn’t take the toefl test yet… International students should take one in order to be accepted right?
Or Can anything waive the toefl??
This is my 4th year in US and had decent score on my Critical reading.
If I don’t need to send the toefl or can send it later, I will definitely summit it by Nov 1st !!!

From UW-Madison website:

So it looks like since you’ve attended high school in the U.S., you don’t need to take the TOEFL.

So submit by the first deadline!