Sophie Davis Fall 2021

I’m I the only one who’s a bit nervous…?
Also is it true that you can’t do Macaulay Honors & Sophie together?

1 Like

I’m super nervous too and yeah you can’t do macaulay and sophie davis together

Right, same! Also thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for the info.

Will the decisions come out on exactly April 1 or later because of high volume of applications?

Pretty sure by April 1. That’s what their website still says.

2 Likes

What usually is the acceptance rate/number for OOS? If NJ qualifies as OOS.

Yes, results won’t be delayed. I asked 3 students in the program & 1 of them in which manage interviews (host) and they all said they won’t be delayed.

1 Like

Guys, I had my interview today and now I cannot wait till April 1st!

1 Like

Great!! How was it for you?

I think I did good but I don’t wanna be too confident. The interviewers were pretty nice and I felt comfortable. However, I think they wanted me to talk about how i would serve and have served the underserved communities because that’s their mission but I could not really incorporate that into my responses. But I think I have a 50/50 chance. 15 more days of waiting… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s okay if you explained your part well & they can understand you well with your reasonings then don’t worry so much! I’m happy that it went well for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi guys, i finished my interview about an hour ago and i just wanted to share the questions i was asked and my experience to anyone who has one later!!

• this may not apply to everyone but i had some extenuating circumstances they asked me to talk about
  • academic rigor at my high school
  • how id desrcibe my schools community
  • why do you wanna become a doctor
  • class you struggled in
  • asked a few questions about certain ecs
  • why sophie
  • what role do you take in group projects
  • class you struggled in
  • tell me about yourself

thats all i can remember off the top of my head but what i will say is that my third interviewer definitely read my application, she told me, idk about the second interview. he definitely asked me about some awards i got but never told me explicitly he read my application. but the goal of the interview is to see if youre the same “you” in your essays and application. also the nerves WILL go away everyone was super nice! good luck to you all!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it just me or is anyone else becoming extremely impatient for these results like I just wanna know already ughh Sophie Davis needs to put me out of my misery lmao

Also, as we get closer to April, lets make a list of users like last year’s Sophie thread did. They had everyone in a list indicating if they were OOS or not, whether or not they got an interview and when, and their results

3 Likes

Omg, SAME! You’re not alone.

1 Like

Yes, I think that’ll be good. It’ll help to know how things are going.:+1:

2 Likes

Yep let’s do that!

1 Like

So do I. But don’t worry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like