Southern Methodist University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

yep, i hope it’s 7 pm cst and not later for anyone.

1 Like

LOL! Love your kids energy!

Texas

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, DS received postcard 3 days ago in Tx

By email a week or more later. It will state that in tonight’s notification, if admitted to the University.

1 Like

it might just be normal usps timings, since us in east coast are farther away from smu in tx, we’ll get mailings later

ohh okay, thank you! do you think they would send cox decisions out next friday as it’s the 23rd? do you know how the cox email appears?

Last year Cox decisions came out on 12/20 around 7 pm. CST. If deferred, they want to see first semester grades and any other significant accomplishments.

Oh ok! So I would find out in less than a week then since last yr decisions came out 12/17? If 1st Sem grades come out end of January/beginning of February how would that impact me? Would I have to wait until then?

Someone commented earlier that decisions would be released over the weekend and into next week. I wondered if the East Coast (or NY) might be behind in that respect.

First semester grades only matter if one is deferred to SMU or Cox. My son was deferred to Cox last year and then not admitted. He sent admissions his updated transcript on Jan 3 and heard back in February or March about the Cox decision.

It’s getting more difficult to get into Cox. There are lots of other pathways to a “business career.” My son switched to a BA in Computer Science with a potential history double major.

Ohhh ok. yeah, i heard cox is getting crazier every year to get into. do you know the average sat for last year or any other stat?

I hope and don’t expect them to be that late and rolling through the weekend, that would be very weird

SMU BOUND!! Accepted!

6 Likes

My daughter was accepted. The letter said that the decision on Cox would come next week. So, we don’t know about that yet. Did anyone get directly into Cox tonight?

1 Like

no one gets accepted tonight, everyone has to wait for cox

1 Like

Waiting on Cox too but happy to for my son to be admitted!

1 Like

So excited - son got accepted!

1 Like

Same here. Son Accepted but Cox coming next week

2 Likes

Son was accepted. Engineering/CS major. His first acceptance…whew!!

2 Likes