Southern Methodist University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Does anyone know if you “accept the offer” and pay the $800 for orientation, housing… does that mean it is binding?

I don’t believe you get a refund so it’s pretty binding for most people.

1 Like

Not binding but no refund.

3 Likes

Does anyone have insight into the sort of stats needed to get into Cox? Daughter got SMU admit last night…now waiting for Cox.

My son got his acceptance yesterday. Just found out today. This is his 5th acceptance. He was a bit blasé about it, but he found out after work and after a pretty heavy finals week. We will see how the money looks!

Curious as well. I also wonder if the fact he wasn’t given a scholarship means Cox is unlikely?

Steve6 your son was admitted yesterday and found out about Cox today? Just want to make sure I am reading that correctly.

My son was accepted and waiting for Cox. However, the amount of scholarship received was less than others with lower stats posted on previous years. All As but “only” 4 AP classes and top 1% ACT scores. Good LOR and ECs. Was SMU not considering test scores this year for merit scholarships?

Our son got accepted to SMU… engineering with 80k scholarship. What are the scholarship ranges? I could not find much on the website.

1 Like

It’s been $10-$15k up to $30k per year plus college scholarships that will come later.

Cox decisions come out by end of next week.

SMU definitely considers test scores but looks at all metrics. It may get tougher to be admitted to Cox because the demand is very strong.

Sorry, no. He was admitted yesterday and we haven’t yet heard from Cox. He was not awarded a scholarship (seems many were) so I’m wondering if it is unlikely he will be admitted to Cox.

yes, my son did

Son was accepted EA with $80k scholarship. Waiting on Cox decision…

1 Like

Was the scholarship mentioned in the acceptance letter?

Was the scholarship mentioned in the acceptance letter, or did you find that info online in his SMU account?

I am not sure. He just told me about it. Probably was in his SMU portal.

Our scholarship was in the acceptance letter.

Thanks

Thanks.

1 Like

yes, it was in the acceptance letter