Spring Family Weekend Announced

<p>We just got a newsletter in the mail announcing Family Weekend in the spring, April 20-22,2012. Usually, Family Weekend has been held in the fall but this year they are adding a second Family Weekend based on response to a survey they did. The fall event was small and the spring event is going to be much bigger (annual spring football scrimmage at Lane Stadium,Relay for Life,Sunday brunch,etc). Hotels in the area tend to fill up very quickly when these kinds of things are announced so if interested,might be a good idea to get a reservation soon. Spring in Blacksburg should be lovely!</p>

<p>I believe the school had previously mentioned they would be doing something in the spring but now that it is being promoted, hotels seem to be booking up. Some people prefer visiting the campus at times when it is not as crowded so if you don’t like crowds, a visit at another time can be just as nice.
Just got the VT e newsletter. Lumenhaus, their solar house (which has already won international awards) ,has just received a major Architecture award that no other university team has ever won before. Lumenhaus has students and faculty from architecture,design,urban studies and engineering that were involved. It has toured off campus(to Times Square,Farnsworth House) but is currently back at Virginia Tech and is open by appointment. If it is still there at Spring Family Weekend,I highly recommend a tour. If they do have it open then,I would imagine they would have regular tours since that will be a big weekend. We toured it on campus in 2010 and it was very interesting. We enjoyed Lumenhaus very much. [Virginia</a> Tech Lumenhaus wins national AIA Honor Award | Virginia Tech News | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2012/01/011312-caus-lumenhausaia.html]Virginia”>Virginia Tech LumenHAUS wins national AIA Honor Award | Virginia Tech News | Virginia Tech)</p>