Spring Radical Amateur Theater Production?

<p>My son, a current high school junior and a likely NMF and Engineering major, is very interested in UA. He also loves theater/acting. </p>

<p>I have found information about past RAT productions for the spring semester but I can’t find anything about when and what this spring’s production will be - my son would like to time his spring campus visit to see the play as well. I have sent several emails to the RAT contact person but haven’t received a reply. Anyone have any information on this semester’s production or where I might find information for it?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Usually the performances are quite late in the semester…so may be too late for a visit before decisions are made. </p>

<p>For instance, last year’s spring performances were April 15-16 and 29-30.</p>

<p>I’m not seeing the dates for this semester’s performances, but that’s not unusual…typically the dates aren’t posted this early.</p>

<p>“COE Does ART, a student-led organization established in January 2007 at The University of Alabama, aims at disproving the stereotype that engineers are not capable of producing creative works of art.”</p>

<p>CONTACT: Mary Wymer, engineering public relations, 205/348-6444 <a href=“mailto:mwymer@eng.ua.edu”>mwymer@eng.ua.edu</a>; Katy Echols, engineering student writer, 205/348-3051 or <a href=“mailto:kmechols@crimson.ua.edu”>kmechols@crimson.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>You might want to contact Mary and ask about this semester.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>This fall the COE does ART did a production called, “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)”. My D attended the production and thought it was fantastic. It is one of her favorite DVDs by the Reduced Shakespeare Company.</p>

<p>I looked and didn’t see any mention of a production. But like M2CK said, sometimes things aren’t posted months in advance. Try this link to see the events that are on the calendar. Perhaps it will show up soon. HTH [Events</a> Calendar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Events Calendar - The University of Alabama”>Events Calendar - The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies</p>

<p>Good to hear that the Shakespeare was good - I’ve heard good things about all the shows they’ve done over the past couple of years. </p>

<p>I’ve tried emailing Mary a couple of times with no response…I’ll try Katy.</p>

<p>Hey guys–My D was accepted into Alabama with a full tuition ride. We’re from NJ and know nothing about it other than what we’ve read. She wants to be a theatre major. We know the MFA program there is excellent, but do you guys know anything about their undergraduate theatre? Is there a connection to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival for undergrads? If you can’t help me do you have any suggestions for who we could ask? We’re planning on visiting when my D gets her list of acceptances finalized (as it’s a big trip for us). Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi and welcome!</p>

<p>When you visit, try to visit on a school day…not a Saturday. People that you’d need to talk to won’t be there on weekends.</p>

<p>So…before you visit, do this…</p>

<p>Schedule the campus visit online. Then send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College. Give her your D’s stats and Presidential Scholarship info. Tell her your D’s major and your campus visit date and time.</p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of your day. :)</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>You might want to make a new thread about Musical Theater so that those who know about that will post.</p>

<p>This thread is about the Col of Eng’g theater group…it’s not a class or anything for credit. It’s just something they do for fun.</p>

<p>Make a new thread with your info and hopefully others will respond.</p>