Stamps/Singer Weekend vs Rollins' Cornell Weekend

<p>I was invited to both, and both are on the February 25-27 weekend. What are the benefits to the Stamp/Singer weekend? I know there have been two Singer weekends in the past - are they doing that again? If I have to choose one, I'm going to be very sad and conflicted. Suggestions?</p>

<p>there ARE two Singer weekends, one in Feb and one in March, with an April weekend for RD applicants. however, the Stamps scholarship is only offered to those students who were invited to the February weekend (i’m assuming they chose the most qualified students for this weekend). so it may or may not be possible for you to attend another Singer weekend, but if you miss the February one then you miss a shot at the Stamps :(</p>

<p>Ultimately you only get to go to one college for undergrad… why not the U?!</p>

<p>Adswimfast</p>

<p>What is your major? That will determine my answer.</p>

<p>Hey ma22593,</p>

<p>How many get invited for Singer and how many awards are out there?</p>

<p>SVMMom,
I’m very much undecided, but my fields of interests will be both biochemistry/nutrition and french.</p>

<p>There are two Singer weekends, one is March 25-26 and the other is April 1-2. Is the Stamps/Singer a separate event? My son is going to both the Rollins Cornell weekend and the UM Singer weekend and those work for him, but he was not invited to Stamps.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>[Schedule</a> of Events](<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/schedule.html]Schedule”>http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/schedule.html)</p>

<p>Seems to me someone else posted a similar question and found out that Cornell offered 2 weekends for Rollins, so they were able to attend both Stamps and Rollins on different dates. Stamps is only offered on 2/25-26 however.</p>

<p>ZincWhiskers,
Thanks, I will call Rollins tomorrow and see if they can switch my date.</p>

<p>But if I end up having to pick between Cornell and Stamps, which should I choose? (Keep in mind there is a slightly larger chance of my getting the Cornell than my getting either the Stamps or Singer)</p>

<p>My daughter has been invited to Rollins for the Cornell scholarship weekend at the end of February. Does anybody know how many are invited to the weekend? I read somewhere that they give out up to 10 scholarships, but I don’t know how many are invited. Thanks</p>