Statement from Dr. Robert E. Witt, President

<p>Friday, April 29, 3:08 p.m.</p>

<p>To the UA Family:</p>

<p>The University of Alabama expresses its deepest sympathies to those in the Tuscaloosa community who have lost loved ones. We especially mourn the loss of members of the UA family. We recognize and appreciate the efforts of the first responders and everyone who has worked so tirelessly to provide aid and assistance to those impacted by the storm. The University will continue to partner with the city and county of Tuscaloosa, as we work together to meet the immediate needs of our students, faculty and staff, as well as our friends and neighbors in the community.</p>

<p>I encourage you to continue to reach out to your colleagues and co-workers who have suffered damage from the storm. Your generosity and acts of kindness are so typical of the UA spirit, and I am proud of the way you have responded to this crisis situation. We will continue to move forward as a family.</p>

<p>Many of you have asked for additional ways you can help. Contributions to the UA Acts of Kindness Fund will be used to help UA students, faculty and staff who need assistance as a result of storm damage. The University will continue to provide resources as additional needs become known. </p>

<p>Please know that Sandee and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.</p>

<p>Robert Witt</p>

<p>Rob - thank you so so much! </p>

<p>Do you have an address for the Acts of Kindness fund or can you tell me where to find more information. I hope they raise enough to respond to all the UA family and to address the need for funerals for the UA students!</p>

<p>The UA Acts of Kindness Fund is on the university’s website (you can cut and paste this URL or search on the campus’ website directly): <a href=“https://www.ua.edu/advancement/giving/donate/?division=2&account=349[/url]”>https://www.ua.edu/advancement/giving/donate/?division=2&account=349&lt;/a&gt;. </p>

<p>I have been wanting to do something, but didn’t know what would be most beneficial. This is a wonderful way to support the UA community directly.</p>