Stony Brook Fall 2023 Admissions

My son got rejected from SB on March 10. He wrote a reconsideration email and was promptly rejected again. Today, we just received an email that they have reconsidered him and will be accepting him as an incoming Fall 2023 freshman! Perseverance pays off!!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

So anyone here who got admitted to honors program at SB did you get any notice of additional scholarships? (My thought is that the answer to that is no :grin:)

My daughter did get accepted to honors, but I don’t see anything about additional merit. She got $1000/yr with original admission in December. We are in state.

Thanks. Same merit here as well. (And no new scholarship). In-State too. We are also kind of local (LI) so that is playing against SB as well.

1 Like

I will say that the other SUNYs that she was offered honors at list a specific dollar amount for honors on their websites, but I don’t see that reflected in her financial packages at this point, so maybe you have to accept first? Maybe call /email financial aid? Good luck!!

Just updating this thread for anyone researching for next year…my daughter got an email today doubling her scholarship. (She has enrolled elsewhere and emailed SB a few days ago declining their offer) Good luck to all!

My D23 as well. And also enrolled elsewhere. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to up a scholarship.

1 Like