Student Review about Soka University of America

I am beyond thankful for the very supportive environment for students.
SUA provides all of us with multiple types of scholarships, including income-based and academic-based. My parents in my home country were so scared of me studying in the U.S. because study abroad costs A LOT in general. However, Soka’s financial support enables me to study on this small but beautiful campus in California.
Besides, 40% of students come from outside the U.S. The diversity of students makes Soka distinctively unique from other universities in America. This diverse environment often notices us that it is extremely crucial to pay respect to all the races, cultures, religions etc. Soka is such a global society; we sometimes face obstacles that today’s globalized world also faces. I truly feel that SUA’s unique environment allows me to be " a global citizen who lives a contributive life", as SUA mission statement goes. We cannot be indifferent to others’ sufferings on campus because we have only 400 students and know each other. SUA has equipped me with compassion for people’s sufferings and practical skills to resolve global issues and genuinely contribute to establishing a peaceful society.