TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

On AIS it shows Sat scores. When I click to view them it also shows a double digit next to each subject? Is that an ACT equivalent?.

Final Post: Iā€™m the student and not my mom. I did get accepted today. the status changed around 5. We just finished paying the housing deposit and the conference for new students in June. I am SO happy!

@knew17 Congratulations!! We are all very happy for you!

Can someone please help use to understand. My son just got the decision of admission in Texas A & M today. His decision letter did not say anything on scholarship. We are out of state, do they send the scholarship information later. He did send all the materials by November 15th. His portal says scholarship application received 10/8/2018, but the decision letter does not say anything about scholarship. So does the scholarship invitation comes after the decision letter?

Hey guys just checked my application and I got accepted! big thank you to everyone here for being so helpful.

@AAA124555 is there any specific reason you are expecting scholarship money? NMF?
TAMU doesnā€™t need to give money to OOS students, and it seems they would avoid giving the money that would adjust OOS to instate rates. What are your kids stats?

Just want to let everyone know to check the AIS TAMU - not the HOWDY for admission notifications. I was checking HOWDY all day today, only to happen to check my Dā€™s AIS around 7pm today and saw her acceptance for academic admit. As of now, HOWDY still shows my Dā€™s application under review.

Posted earlier but no reply so will do again because I am getting nervous for my daughter.

When did you apply:9/29
When did you get your UIN:9/29
When did you receive your admission decision:not yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit:review
Major/College of Choice:engineering first biochem second
Class Rank:28/260 (10.7%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1300 (670 math 630 reading)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
GPA: 4.0 unweighted 4.3 weighted

Vball,powerlifting,volunteer hours.
Thoughts

@DrMcSwag Donā€™t be nervous. It is highly usual for review applicants to not receive an admission decision until after Winter break. Last year, there was a wave of full admissions in January and February as well as one in December, right at the conclusion of finals. We then saw a release of decisions also in February for Blinn Team, Gateway, Health Science Center McAllen.

For engineering majors, there was again the December release on the same day as the above review applicants on December 15, and again January 20 and 30. February release was Engr at Galveston (which in years past seem to be review applicants that were not offered a seat in College Station (great program, considered full admission so students transition to College Station, not transfer, for the remainder of their degree once they are in an engineering major), Blinn Engineering Academy, Engineering Academy at McAllen. In the two years that Engr has undergone holistic review, the bulk of review applicants who applied by the early decision date were still deferred until after Winter break. Also, there have been auto/academic admits who were also deferred.
And finally, on March 9 for all applicants for every major, came PSA.

These release dates did not line up the same as the prior year. The prior year, PSA was released the same day as Blinn Team and other pathways and full admission.

Each year is a guessing game and a knot of nerves. Hang in there.

@AAA124555 What are your sonā€™s stats? I suspect he is an academic admit to the university and engineering decisions should come out soon if he applied by Oct 15.

Scholarships usually donā€™t come out until after Winter break. Competitive scholarships that count towards the tuition waiver, a lot of times, do not come finish coming out until after the May 1 deadline to accept or decline your admissions offer. Tuition waivers are restricted by the state for each university, so they are highly competitive. There are many a student who are $1000 shy of the $4000 that must decide if they want to accept their admission decision May 1 and hope the other $1K comes in or they are willing to pay oos tuition.

For most applicants that are not the highest achieving (national merit commended is not competitive) A&M is not considered generous for offsetting the cost of attendance.

@aktotexas Congrats on your Dā€™s academic admission.
@Ollie23 Congrats on your academic admission

@Thelma2 I am a little confused though. I thought general admission to A&M could come with later decision on the engineering college? I just want general admission at this point.

@DrMcSwag I think your daughter has an excellent shot of full admit. For eng tho it will depend on courses she took for math and physics. Her rank is great and so dang close to auto that I canā€™t imagine her not at least getting academies or choose 2nd choice option. Keep us posted and hang in there!!!

@jaceyk check your sons AIS. Hearing that this is updating before getting tabs is crazy.

@aktotexas firstā€¦ congrats. Secondā€¦ are you sure you didnā€™t show tabs in Howdy in the morning? Or were you looking only at status under manage application?

@DrMcSwag

It is confusing and sometimes, those of us who know how it works, forget to be clear to those who are not familiar with the process. My apologies.

Auto admits and academic admits will be accepted into the univeristy on a rolling basis as their applications are processed. They then undergo holistic review for the major and their admission decision into general engineering will be released at a later date. Auto/academic applicants decisions will be: Accepted into general engineering, offered Blinn Engineering Academy, or not accepted into engineering and placed in their 2nd choice major or offered to chose from an open major.

Review applicants will not be admitted to the university first and then wait for their engineering decision later. Review applicants to engineering will find out their admission decision all in one fell swoop what their offer is. Review applicants will be offered Full admission to College Station general engineering, Engineering at Galveston, Blinn Engineering Academy, Engineering Academy or McAllen or PSA.

The dates listed above were the dates that auto/academic already accepted into the university, found out their decisions for the major as well as the dates that the engineering review applicants were notified of the decision they were being offered.

Does that make more sense?

Engineering applicants who were offered PSA, many applied directly to one of the A&M affiliated engineering academies at Blinn Brenhim and elsewhere. Students then complete their degree in College Station. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/index.html

@Ollie23 Congrats on your academic admissions and Welcome to Aggieland

@Thelma2 I think she would prefer her 2nd choice and be at A&M if she does not get engineering at the main campus. Will she be able to choose her second choice at A&M if she prefers that over engineering at one of the other campuses (ie will they offer Blinn engineering or 2nd choice biochem @ main campus etc).

I was just browsing through howdy and all of my sons documents were received and complete on 9/20 and under review. I just noticed he now has another official HS transcript and dual credit transcript from Lonestar received and uploaded on 11/26. Just curious if it is normal for schools to automatically send updated transcripts without being asked by the student.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp any insight into when University/Department honors decisions have typically gone out?

Oooh @thelma2 I didnā€™t know about review candidates going straight to engineering review. So glad you said that. That makes total sense.

@DrMcSwag I donā€™t know if itā€™s still this way, but my friends son was auto admit at top 2%. He didnā€™t do well on SAT and didnā€™t get into eng on main campus. They gave him the option of blinn academy or pick another major for full admit. So not sure if itā€™s different now or even if itā€™s different for auto vs review admits.

@AggieMomhelp I did - no change yet. ?? It will be next week and not after holidays. But not holding my breath. Would be a nice Christmas present though!

@akbuffs I checked under ā€œmy documentsā€ for my son and itā€™s still just his HS transcript. He also attended Lonestar for DC classes. Maybe thatā€™s a good sign!
If we understood correctly, the Lonestar transcript is listed under additional documents required if admitted. We never requested one be sent with the application.