TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@ChillyCow Thank you so much! I’ll keep you updated!

@kpfrazee, did you know there is another thread TAMU Brown Scholar Class of 2025 or something like that? I stumbled on it just now; there are few kiddos over there that you may be interested in connecting with.

@ChillyCow I didn’t know about that but I will definitely take a look at it!

1 Like

Same here.

Well, I think admissions are probably going to be on break now, so we have to wait until the first week of January unfortunately. Also, I just received my December Sat scores and I got a 720 on math and a 660 on English. That should help for engineering, right?

2 Likes

My daughter got auto admit 10/13 and Engineering admit 10/21 for Civil Engineering. I think some will be out next month.

Congrats @Clob19. That’s awesome. Just for the sake of not confusing others, any and all engineering students will be in general engineering and then apply for their desired specialty after freshman year (end of year).

Welcome to Aggieland!!!

1 Like

S was admitted yesterday - Econ major which was his second choice after Business. He’s fine with that, though. In state non-auto admit. GPA is not particularly high but he did well on the ACT and submitted that.

1 Like

My S was also accepted into Econ yesterday.

Just wondering if there is anyone who has been admitted to Biomedical Engineering. I applied a long time ago and still haven’t got a response.
I am an international student so my stats are a little confusing.

1 Like

@AndrewRB, at TAMU, you are not directly admitted into your first choice of engineering major. Everyone is accepted into general engineering. At the end of freshman (first) year there is a process called Entry Into A Major(ETAM). If you have 3.75 GPA your freshman year you will be admitted into your first choice major automatically, else you have to go through an application process. Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

Yes, sorry. I realized that as soon as I posted what I did.

Thank you Momof0ne for your response, I was not sure about the ETAM.

Does anyone know when they are going to start admissions again? Also I applied early action engineering, but I haven’t received any decision, is that normal?

We asked admissions and they said it could be as late as mid Jan.

1 Like

@Popyhead Just wanted to let you know that yes, it is completely normal for someone to apply early for engineering, but not hear before break, at least it has happened the past two years.

IMO, since a large portion of the freshman applicants are engineering, admissions encourages all engineers to apply early. But I agree, the language is misleading and implies that one will hear early.

Enjoy your break!

2 Likes

Hi guys! So, Friday morning I noticed that my HOWDY had updated to 6 tabs. However I still haven’t gotten an update in AIS. It still says my application is under review. Is this normal? It’s been 2 days since HOWDY updated.

1 Like

Totally normal. If you have 6 tabs there are no take backs lol. It could be the timing of it all or just part of process. If I remember correctly, many students took a week or so at the beginning. Some it took less than 24 hours. Do not stress. I pinky promise you got your Christmas wish.

Okay… I’m clueless… what does “6 tabs” mean or where are you finding these?

On the Howdy page there are 3 tabs at the top. Once you get accepted it switches to 6 tabs (usually a day or two before AIS shows acceptance).

1 Like