Technology benefit

How easy is it to use a scholarship “technology benefit” at the on-campus Apple Store in the Supe?

We got a letter stating that the stipend could be applied to pretty much any type of computer products including printers, but apparently, it won’t be available for use until early August.

I guess this is different from previous years when students had a limited choice of using the stipend for either an IPad, 11’’ MacBook, or an inexpensive PC.

Please clarify which scholarship you are talking about (NMF?) and which stipend and someone can answer your question.

For Engineering students who receive a stipend, however, that actually gets posted to your student account when bills are processed (late July/early August). The stipend will first pay towards any outstanding balance on the account, so if you do pay in full for everything else (tuition, fees, football tix, dorm, meal plan, parking), then the stipend will be refunded to you (usually by whatever method you used to pay for everything else - remember to have your student set up direct deposit for this reason!). But usually parents end up paying just the remainder of the bill (after the stipend has already been applied).

@aeromom it is NMF - sorry I forgot to clarify

Thanks, someone who is NMF will weigh in soon, I’m sure. Congrats on that award! ;:wink:

If this is a new version of the tech benefit, then a current NMF student may not know the answer. If you email amber.capell@ua.edu she can tell you. Include your full name and CWID.

Will do - thank you @mom2collegekids

Please let us know what Amber says. TIA

Sorry for the late update.

Ms. Capell said that the technology benefit (stipend) can only be used at the Tide Tech area in the SUPE store.

If you ever have any questions concerning scholarships you may also e-mail scholarships@ua.edu and any member of the scholarship department will promptly get back to you.