The annual boarding school dirty laundry thread

<p>actually you don’t even have to label the clothes if your school uses E&R!
<a href=“https://www.eandrcleaners.com/campuslaundry/faq.asp”>https://www.eandrcleaners.com/campuslaundry/faq.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>But I’ve always used a sharpie for camp and sports clothes at home - I get a silver one for dark clothes!</p>

<p>Now lets move on to real dirty laundry, shall we?</p>

<p>You mean ketchup stains? </p>

<p>Rosie: Actual laundry is a serious issue! If you want the other kind of dirty laundry, you may need to start a new thread… :wink: </p>

<p>Wonder why I have been so dumb all this time and didn’t think to insist that obscenely well-endowed school install a couple of extra coin-op washing machines in the basement… </p>

<p>tomtomclub: If you are referring to E&R’s laundry bag tracking as eliminating the need for labeling, think again. Tracking the bag does not reflect success at tracking its contents.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Shouldn’t that read “coin-free washing machines?” Seriously, how much would it add to annual operating cost?</p>

<p>I actually think I just got the ketchup thing. Wow, I’m fast.</p>

<p>choatiemom - oh, I label things :slight_smile:
But they do claim to track the contents as well…this is the relevant excerpt:
"Should I label all my student’s clothes before I send them to you? No, we’ve got that covered too. We actually video tape all of your clothes when we check them in and again as we fold your laundry and put it back in your bag. Any clothes that are returned on a hanger get individually bar coded with either a permanent or temporary tag. This allows us to track all of your items on hangers when we deliver them back just like we do with the laundry bag "</p>

<p>I just keep thinking of a friend’s son at an all-boys junior boarding school which E&R served. Imagine the ruckus E&R caused when boys at the school received sports bras in their clean laundry! And my kid came home wearing a “Kent” shirt. I asked about it and she said, she asked around but no one said it was theirs so she wears it. I mentioned to her that it might belong to that kid…at KENT! LOL </p>

<p>Despite what E&R claims, I label everything. Somewhat related for the parents new to BS; it’s also a good idea to label non clothes items - calculator, laptop, hockey stick, etc.</p>

<p>The link I provided also sells stick on labels - ones that really stick. :)</p>

<p>Sports bras at an all-boys JBS! Love it, london, and that’s what I’m talking about. This seems to happen more than E&R would like to admit. A few extras in one bag, a few missing in another. Eh, what’s the problem? It all comes out in the wash. ;)</p>

<p>Well, gosh, no wonder the service is so costly. They hire videographers to track the clothes…</p>

<p>I can’t quit you, E&R! She says, holding her hands over her ears… </p>

<p>la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.</p>

<p>The summer I went to sleepaway camp, all of the laundry was outsourced. More than once, boys in my brother’s bunk (13-year-olds at the time) would get goodies belonging to the 17-year-old female counselors. :)</p>

<p>S1 had never seen a top-load washer until he went off to boarding school. His very first load at school he dumped the dirty clothes and the liquid detergent into a dryer.</p>

<p>I have top-load at home, so that’s one challenge I wouldn’t face. :)</p>

<p>Embarrassing story about my brother: the first time he went into the men’s room, he came out and told my mom how weird the sinks were. </p>

<p>stargirl–does starboy know how often you rat him out? Good job. ;)</p>

<p>Does anyone else think videotaping laundry is kinda creepy?</p>