The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

For BU?

Thanks for this. It really does feel random and this helps💜

2 Likes

@Stressedoutmama1 Congrats to your daughter on her acceptance to BU! My student just got accepted to BU for the BFA too!

3 Likes

Congrats to your D on BU’s BFA @theatremom1314!

1 Like

Congrats! My (Tech) D and I visited BU in the fall of 2019, and she received a BFA offer. I’m happy to share what we learned and saw, if it helps! I also have a friend whose daughter is in the BFA Acting program (might have just graduated), and I know she loved it.

2 Likes

(BU) that would be wonderful, thank you!

Congrats! Is she accepting?

Last year was the first year Miami even had a WL as I recall.

Class of 2024 at Miami ended up being pretty large so I am not surprised the WL did not move last year. As I recall that was the first year (maybe the second) that Miami even had a WL. As others have said, this year is so different than any other than it’s impossible to predict how the WL may or may not move this time around. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those on the WL. My S graduates in May. I am happy to answer any questions here or in private.

Sly and his daughter actually walked in on my S’s voice lesson the day they visited the campus to meet his voice teacher (online – S in the studio but his teacher is remote from home). He said it was funny because the head of the program brought the daughter in first and said “this is so-and so” and then after a few moments “And this is her dad, Sylvester.” Sly was apologetic that they were interrupting his voice lesson.

2 Likes

D loves PPU. She’s in the BFA Theatre Arts program, and her advisor told her to audition for the MT minor next Fall. Apparently they think she’s worthy, which is great. My D says the Acting and TA students are incredibly cool and laid back. Says some of the MT kids are a bit snarky, but likes majority of them. Great cross register opportunities at CMU for a few classes too, which she plans to take advantage of. She never wants to come back to TX. Absolutely loves the area and the school.

7 Likes

No she isn’t. She declined this morning. She is already committed to UNCSA.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response! So glad she’s happy there. I wasn’t aware of the cross register opportunities at CMU. That’s cool! Is it on the PP website anywhere?

1 Like

Your story about Sly walking in on your S’s voice lesson while visiting campus reminds me of my D telling me that Tom Hanks and his son walked in on her rehearsal at NYU/Tisch, on their campus visit, and she was nervous acting in front of him. LOL

PS, as she is now grown up and working, lots of famous people have come to see her shows, as well as have come backstage, or she has even performed on stage with them. Even Sondheim came to see a show she created and performed in. There was a point when she’d be so in awe, like back in her college days, but now it seems more normal, but I think exciting too.

5 Likes

It’s not too formal. All the downtown Pittsburgh schools have them with one another. It’s relegated to classes that “schools have during a semester, that the other one doesn’t offer during that same semester.” Between the conservatories, they only do a handful of classes. A lot of CMU kids take classes at PPU for dance (since it’s a superior dance department), and some PPU kids take certain voice / performing classes that PPU doesn’t offer.

Each class has to be identified and approved by both faculties on an individual basis. I think next Fall, my D is registering for some kind of “activism acting” class (or something like that) over there

3 Likes

(BU) does anyone know what the class size is for Boston University School of Theatre Acting?

Anyone hear from Rutgers Acting today?

Email from Rutgers Acting says no, got it today. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! (Didn’t send to portal, but portal shows not admitted BFA Mason Gross)

if I recall it was DivaStageMom, No?

3 Likes

@Stressedoutmama1 amazing options congrats to your talented daughter!

1 Like